Follower upgrades

#1 - Sept. 8, 2017, 12:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Am I being stupid or missing something? I have purchased champion equipment for my followers from the armaments dude in my class hall 10 times now. Every time I get equipment that boosts mission success/time whatever. However I can't equip my followers with these until I upgrade their item level. How do I get the actually item upgrades for my followers?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Sept. 8, 2017, 12:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You can buy Relinquished Armor Sets from Warmage Kath'leen on the Broken Shore for 400 Nethershards. These will instantly set a champion to item level 880. You might also find armor kits from treasure chests, rare elites and champion missions on Argus that will set a champion to item level 900.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Sept. 8, 2017, 1:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/09/2017 13:55Posted by Tsjoh
I think you first need to level them up to 110. I tried to apply a 900 ilvl token to my last inactive follower, and was not allowed to use it till i leveled it to 110 (was inactive on 109).

Yep, that's true, my bad for not mentioning it! You can also buy experience books for Nethershards too. Or use the champion as a combat ally (if possible) so that they get XP each time you complete a World Quest.