Cheating, cheating, and more cheating.

#1 - Nov. 30, 2015, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My older brother first introduced me to this game during the original beta. I've played since release and can remember making it to Orgrimmar before anyone else and seeing it completely empty on that thanksgiving weekend many years ago. I've had many fond memories over the 10 years of playing this game, but have become very weary of the state in which it is now. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Maybe I'm not. I really don't care. The cheating is ruining the competition in this game. Those of you that I've played with believe you are good players and maybe even the best. But many of you cheat. You arrogantly cheat, you laugh about it and don't even give a !@#$ that you ruin the game for everyone else.

The player base is becoming smaller and smaller. Few teams are left at the higher ratings and those that are, are almost all bots. I have repeatedly sent these videos in and yet these players are still active for weeks and months. I'm tired of it.

[Links removed to avoid witch hunts, thanks for the reports! -Lore]
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - Nov. 30, 2015, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for these reports. I've edited them out of the original post (we don't allow public callouts on the forums to avoid witch hunting), but passed them on to our hacks team for review.

For what it's worth, these sorts of things are exactly what we have the hacks@blizzard.com email address for. Emailing that address is significantly more likely to result in action being taken than simply posting them on the forums. Of course, if you also emailed this report to that address, then that's all set. Just thought it worth mentioning. :)

If you do feel the need to make a forum post about it, that's fine, but please remember that calling out specific players in a public post is against the forum rules. While it's certainly true that cheaters exist, there are also a lot of players who get accused of cheating wrongly, and we want to avoid having legit players' names dragged through the mud.

Note that we can see previous versions of a post, so if you want to include a link to a video or name of a player in a post, you can edit it out immediately after posting and we'll be able to find it easily.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#60 - Nov. 30, 2015, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/30/2015 03:53 PMPosted by Stonecastle
We know, Lore. We just don't believe the hacks@blizzard results in meaningful action. Furthermore, we're so frustrated with the rampant cheating that calling out these inbred mongrels on the forum is a form of community catharsis and well worth the forum bans.

But thanks for swinging by.

To your first point, I totally get where that perception comes from. Our policy has historically been to disclose as little information about actioned accounts as possible, but that's a conversation I'd like to revisit with the relevant people here at Blizzard. If we can find a way to be more open about when and what actions we take, I think that'd be pretty awesome. Can't make any promises though -- those are decisions I don't get to make.

To the second point, that's completely understandable as well. I'd just rather not see people banned from the forums who are only trying to help us catch more cheaters. That's why I recommended editing links out of posts after making them. We'll still see the links, but no forum rules are being broken. :)