Outlaw T21 4p

#1 - July 19, 2017, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Item - Rogue T21 Outlaw 4P Bonus - Run Through has a 25% chance to cause your next Roll the Bones to grant you an additional combat enhancement.

Please come to a full stop with this line of thinking. 7.2.5 was a successful attempt to get outlaw to constantly stop re-rolling, do not bring it back in 7.3, because this is what this set piece would do.

To be honest your first idea of this was way more exciting, all be it a bit powerful. I would rather have a random buff I don't have at even a reduced capacity than needing to re-roll to get 2-3 buffs if I only have one.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#2 - July 19, 2017, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think there may be some misunderstanding with what the set bonus does.

When you Run Through, sometimes you get a buff on yourself that makes the next time you use Roll the Bones grant you one additional buff on top of whatever it already would have given you.

It does not give you a 25% chance per buff you did not get from Roll the Bones to get that buff.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#6 - July 19, 2017, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you choose Slice and Dice as a talent, you get a bonus to attack speed. The tooltip should change dynamically if you pick that talent.

With the 2 piece bonus:
Run Through procs a buff on yourself that gives you +1 bonus buff from your next Roll the Bones. You press Roll the Bones and happen to get 1 buff (base) +1 buff (set bonus) for a total of 2. Your set bonus buff has now gone away. If you press Roll the Bones again because you didn't get your favorite two buffs, those two buffs go away, and you may get 1 buff, or 2, or 5 on your next press. You have lost the 1 bonus buff from the 2-piece until Run Through procs for you again.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#8 - July 19, 2017, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Maybe I misunderstood what is being discussed here.

Are you saying that for some reason when you get the set bonus to proc, and then use Roll the Bones, that for some reason you may want to immediately press Roll the Bones again if the buffs you gain aren't the ideal combinations?

Or are you saying that when the set bonus procs, you immediately want to use Roll the Bones as soon as you can? Is the concern that you potentially overwrite the set bonus buff or that the set bonus will fade before you Roll the Bones again?

Also it should work just fine with the Loaded Dice trait. If Loaded Dice and the set bonus are both lined up to happen, you should get 3 buffs guaranteed.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#40 - July 21, 2017, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
OK, some updates. Reminder that numbers and designs are subject to change still.

The set bonus now reads:

Run Through has an 8% chance to grant you a Roll the Bones combat enhancement buff you do not already have for 10 sec.

Slice and Dice users get the same set bonus, it may need different tuning based on talents so do not get attached to any of the numbers.

If you get a buff from Run Through, and then Roll the Bones, the short duration buff will be rerolled at its current duration to a new combat enhancement you didn't get from the new cast of Roll the Bones. This works if you are lucky and have multiple bonus Run Through procs active right before a Roll the Bones cast.

Minor note: If you're the lucky Rogue who gets back-to-back Run Through procs, and then uses Roll the Bones, and continue the luck streak and gain 5 buffs, the set bonus will only retain 1 of the short duration set bonus buffs as there are only 6 total potential buffs.

Some future PTR build will have it working this way, thanks for the conversation in this thread.