Blizzard you messed up on pet battles

#1 - Oct. 1, 2012, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought they were supposed to be a something you did for fun in your spare time. They are fun, too much fun and that is the problem. See I haven't even hit 86 yet because I keep getting distracted with pet battles. Why did you have to make the system so good?

Not only do battles combine a great element of strategy, with the synergy you can develop between pets some being more buff/defense oriented and the others attack. Of course then once you find good combos you have to level them up... and find a good complimentary third to take care of enemies you may be weak against.

but you also force people to think about the composition and attacks of their team, making sure not only will you have attacks of enough different types that they won't be week against everything your opponent has, but your own guys aren't all going to be slaughtered by him because he does extra damage to you.

What am I saying? I am saying I have spent way too long having fun hunting pets, leveling pets, battling pets to actually go out and level my own toon. Can you please nerf the amount of fun Pet battles are? Otherwise I will never hit 90.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Oct. 1, 2012, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Oct. 1, 2012, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Naelaedra
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.

Will we continue to see updates to the system as the game goes on? I would love to see different abilities for pet families being able to be obtained through quests or vendors, or have the ability to upgrade certain areas of the pet (adjust the speed attribute at the expense of power, etc). :)

Yes. We will be planning additional updates (as they make sense) to the system over time. We'll make sure to share those when we can.