Tired of Playing Blizzard's Way

#1 - Jan. 5, 2017, 3:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I stopped my WoW time two months back. No leaving post or anything. I bought 30 days today to do the Diablo Event, and after posting in another thread, figured I'll make a thread to see how many people agree with my sentiments.

I am tired of playing World of Warcraft in the manner Blizzard has decided I have to play World of Warcraft.

I am tired of Blizzard Forcing me to PvP for Non-PvP Content such as Transmogs, Events, or PvE Quests such as Crafting.
I am tired of Blizzard Forcing me to PvE for PvP content, such as farming Artifact Power for an Artifact Weapon. (Yes, you can get AP from PvP, but its slower than from PvE)
I am tired of every expansion, 'Re-Inventing,' the Classes, changing them drastically, making them into something completely different.
I am tired of Blizzard removing old iconic spells that not only felt like a core part of the Class, but also added a nice community-building aspect to the class's gameplay, such as with Buffs.
I am tired of Flight being gated behind achievements which include Reputation Grinds, Raid Completion, and Time Gates.
I am tired of being forced into a faction based upon my selection of Race.
I am tired of being forced into a race based upon my selection of Class.
I am tired of RNG's ever increasing implementation into every aspect of Gameplay.
I am tired of Cross-Realm-Zones interfering in Gameplay and causing massive Lag catastrophes such as Dalaran.
I am tired of Mythics being required content for Quests. (Court of Stars, Arcway, etc...)

In a nutshell, I am just tired of this fruitless fight. I'm downright exhausted. What was once a fun game is no longer fun. In Vanilla, or BC, or Wrath, or even Cataclysm, I would log on and happily ponder what I -wanted- to do. Do I want to work on Loremaster? Do I want to work on crafting? Do I want to do some PvP? Do I want to just relax and increase my fishing? Do I want to just observe beautiful zones from atop a flying mount?

That's not there anymore. I have to play the game the way Blizzard wants me to play it, and I'm tired of arguing. I'm NOT going to play the game the way Blizzard wants me to. As they won't let me play the way I want, I have no intention of continuing an active subscription or doing more than popping in a month at a time once or twice a year.

tl;dr - I am tired of playing World of Warcraft the way Blizzard wants, rather than the way I want.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#324 - June 19, 2017, 1:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.