Professor Putricide

#0 - Jan. 6, 2010, 4:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can we get an ETA on when this fight is suppose to be fixed please?
#109 - Jan. 6, 2010, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just as a point of clarification. The Professor Putricide encounter is working as intended. You are only allowed one abomination up at any given time in both 10 player and 25 player modes.

#176 - Jan. 6, 2010, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

(I was going to be mean, but instead I'll post nicely)
I think the encounter is bugged given what you wrote. We did 5 attempts last night, 2 attempts we had more than one abom, up to 3 one attempt (which we thought was intended). The other 3 attempts we could only get one abom and thought that was the bug. But either way it is bugged.

We are attempting to reproduce the spawning of multiple aboms. It's definitely not intended and will be hotfixed.
#188 - Jan. 6, 2010, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The mechanics may be working as intended but what the players are trying to convey is the 25man level of difficulty is too high for a normal mode fight.

The data to support this is in the current achievement rates of the guilds across the world. Taking just the US results (many of the top guilds have now had a chance to have a try at these encounters):

10m Plagueworks - http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=4528&w=US

25m Plagueworks - http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=4605&w=US

As of the time of writing, a significant number of guilds have completed the 10m version, yet 0 have completed the 25m version.

It would not surprise me if a few of the elite guilds can get this encounter completed, but for the other 99% of guilds - it appears to be out of reach in its current form on normal mode.

I get that and stated as much in the initial reply. Wing end bosses will all be extremely difficult and should feel like a step above everything else - even in non-heroic difficulty (10/25 person). They will, of course, reward appropriately for the rise in difficulty, granting tier 10 armor tokens (25 player/10 player heroic only).

If anything the 10 man version might be slightly overtuned. We'll be keeping a close eye on the fight and watching player feedback/stats.
#206 - Jan. 6, 2010, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What about saurfang? hes . not difficult...

He's what we classify as a "freebie." That's the highly technical design term. He's there so you can say "At least we got Saurfang." It works, trust me.