What do we actually want?

#0 - Jan. 19, 2009, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Due to the size and good nature of this thread I would like to request that this thread be copied/moved to the Damage dealing board, so as to increase the chance GC might have a read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see a lot of people giving idea's about what we want to change in the warlock class,however I've observed a lot of mud-slinging due to this and most threads end up muddled and have no clear direction or reasonable course.

If we as a community are unable to come up with a list of changes that the vast majority of us are happy with, I don't see GC reading these boards (I know, I know...) and extracting what we actually want. So, lets make a list and then discuss what we want from it.

To get the ball rolling, here are a few suggestions i've seen about the boards:

1- A self banish effect, designed to give us a type of immunity akin to a mage's Ice Block.
2- A large increase in pet health (as has been suggested in patch 3.0.8)
3- Demonic Teleport breaking both stuns and snare's.
4- Meta to be trainable as opposed to a 51point talent
5- A massive change to the demonology tree which would give locks an actual "tanking build" as an alternative for raids, with obvious pvp implications
6- The first tick of a dots damage to be dealt upon application as opposed to just waiting (coupled with shorter durations on said dots)
7- A return to form for warlock pvp gear, in terms of its amour and stamina
8- Better (or in some cases implementation) of scaling on our pets
9- Haunt/chaos bolt being an instant cast
10- In the inclusion of a "pestilence"(as per the DK ability) style affect in the affliction tree
11- A change in warlock curses to make them scale better with current numbers (many of our curses simply have little to no effect on the current game)
12- Merging both out amour spells into one one
13- A general damage increase (at the it was suggested, it was thought more realistic and less work than Blizzard having to tune down the other classes)

Obviously not all the above is ideal or even good, and would all certainly not come as one big change, however these are just a few of the idea's that I have seen posted in recent days. It would be good to hear more suggestions how to fix the class and actually get a discussion on the go. That way if GC ever does happen to look through the forums for tips, he will at least have a place to start.
#6 - Jan. 19, 2009, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I see a lot of people giving idea's about what we want to change in the warlock class,however I've observed a lot of mud-slinging due to this and most threads end up muddled and have no clear direction or reasonable course.

If we as a community are unable to come up with a list of changes that the vast majority of us are happy with, I don't see GC reading these boards (I know, I know...) and extracting what we actually want. So, lets make a list and then discuss what we want from it.

To get the ball rolling, here are a few suggestions i've seen about the boards:
<snip>
Obviously not all the above is ideal or even good, and would all certainly not come as one big change, however these are just a few of the idea's that I have seen posted in recent days. It would be good to hear more suggestions how to fix the class and actually get a discussion on the go. That way if GC ever does happen to look through the forums for tips, he will at least have a place to start.

This is a nice initiative, and something we encourage and welcome. With the amount of comments and feedback being given on these forums, it can be hard to catch every point or post; especially since there are a lot of duplicate opinions or suggestions that build off each other in some of the longer threads.

In fact - in regards to this particular point, Ghostcrawler wrote the following:
Q u o t e:
...Players like to post.

It would be really helpful for many of us if poster #50 saw that posters #1-49 had summed things up really well and said "Yep, I agree" or even refrained from posting at all.

But that is an unrealistic expectation. It is sad but true that many players who feel their opinions are important enough to post in a 20-page thread do not give other players the courtesy of even reading the previous 20 pages...

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14318878427&pageNo=1#13

That is not to say that we do not read through the threads, but rather making the point that constructive summaries of feedback by players helps everyone - including us - in getting an overview of the community's thoughts.