Arena Rating and match ups

#0 - Jan. 21, 2009, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, yesterday my Disc Priest partner and me got to a decent 1572 rating. Pretty hard considering every team with a Rogue kicked our ass.

But today, we won 2 matches and after that... I do not know what Blizzards idea of a good matchup is but with *EVERY* loss we met HARDER teams. Our rating went from 1600 to 1480 now. WTF?

Are we supposed to meet people with comparable gear? Are we supposed to meet people with the same skill level? If we are supposed to have comparable gear, GG blizzard! Because Warlocks with comparable gear to, for example a Rogue, or a Mage, well I just won't even get started.

The point is, what is the meaning of this? We were happily maintaining a rating 1550-ish and now this? No way. Perhaps it would not be so bad if my pet didn't die in 2 seconds *every* fight... Warlocks rely on their pets you know. But having created the class you know it as much as we do.

Anyways, just answer this: what is the current mechanism for arena matchups? To me, it makes 0 sense. My partner still has a 1574 rating, mine went to 1553 or something and our team 1480.
#1 - Jan. 21, 2009, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Anyways, just answer this: what is the current mechanism for arena matchups? To me, it makes 0 sense. My partner still has a 1574 rating, mine went to 1553 or something and our team 1480.

Perhaps the information in this thread might help clear up your confusion: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7701100729&sid=1