Tank Itemization between tiers

#0 - Jan. 7, 2010, 6:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've got a question, or perhaps more of an observation / suggestion. I'm sure its probably been pointed out before.

Is it really necessary to load a tier of content with a specific stat, and then completely abolish it from the next tier? Case in point (or at least the most recent incident of this), t9 content is completely loaded with expertise, while hit is relatively hard to come by. Skip to t10 and expertise has completely vanished from gear, while hit is coming out the wazoo.

I don't expect everything to be itemized perfectly, but this seesawing back and forth between tiers of content is an absolute nightmare and makes what should be clear upgrades unusable because you destroy one of your other stats. It would be nice to see gear have a little better balance of stats on it rather than each tier having a specific stat that gear is completely overloaded with.
#6 - Jan. 7, 2010, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Expertise and hit are both capable stats. As the item budget on gear grows it just means you’re going to be dealing with them in larger and larger chunks, which in turn might make it harder to shift around gear, gems or enchants correctly to hit your desired amounts.

It is definitely a design goal though to make something like Tier 10 have different stats than Tier 9 or otherwise all you’d get out of new gear is a few more stat points and everything would feel really homogenized.