Heroic Fel Lord Zakuun 1 shotting tanks

#1 - July 10, 2015, 9:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Tonight we encountered a bug that persisted for multiple pulls on Heroic Fel Lord Zakuun. Our 704 ilvl monk tank was getting two shotted while coming out of the phased realm. Logs say it's from Wake of Destruction, but there are no wakes in the non-phased realm, and he would stand completely still and still get gibbed. We had to move on to Xul progression after getting Zakuun to 8% the week before, without this bug.

I have no idea what to filter for tank logs, but here is something that looks relevant:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/61WK3dwLVcTXyxCh#type=deaths&source=16&boss=1777&wipes=1
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#21 - July 15, 2015, 4:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
An unrelated hotfix broke this - sorry, I know it sucks to run into a brick wall on a farm night due to a bug. We're working on it, but it's not likely to be fixed within the next 30-60 minutes or so, for anyone who has a raid stalled and is waiting on an immediate solution. It will be fixed by tomorrow, for sure. But hopefully sooner.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#24 - July 15, 2015, 5:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We just applied a hotfix for this issue, and phased/invisible Wakes should no longer be blowing up the raid. The hotfix may take a few minutes to take effect, but please let us know if you continue to see these issues.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#32 - July 15, 2015, 6:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the fix seems to not have worked, we'll be looking into a different solution, but I have no ETA to offer other than "as soon as possible."
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#45 - July 15, 2015, 2:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It should be fixed now. The nature of the problem was one that only took effect after restarts (thus it appeared for the first time on Tuesday). The simple and safe fix, however, also required another set of restarts. But we were not about to disrupt everyone's gameplay during peak night-time hours to fix an issue affecting the minority of players already planning to clear 11+ bosses on the first night of the week, so we tried a couple of different approaches to resolve the issue faster. Clearly those attempts failed. But in any case, the restarts that occurred 2 hours ago should have picked up the reliable fix.