New Undead Models?

#1 - Feb. 18, 2016, 2:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Could we possibly get new models for the Forsaken and other undead to reflect the race they were prior to becoming undead?

I highly doubt a huge Tauren would look like a humanoid. And I highly doubt that only Humans can be turned once dead.

I would love to see models of each race that's playable, have an undead version to them. Well, excluding the Worgen, which aren't a race, but a group of cursed humans. And last time I checked, the Worgen Curse made you immune to the curse of undeath, and yet there are Worgen DKs. I still don't get how that works.

Anyway, I'd love for us to have the option to select Forsaken as our race, then choose the race which we once were, if we want to pretend there's a backstory to our new character, then customize how that character will look (like we do with the current ones in the human forms they have).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Feb. 18, 2016, 2:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/17/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Offer
Could we possibly get new models for the Forsaken and other undead to reflect the race they were prior to becoming undead?

I highly doubt a huge Tauren would look like a humanoid. And I highly doubt that only Humans can be turned once dead.

I would love to see models of each race that's playable, have an undead version to them. Well, excluding the Worgen, which aren't a race, but a group of cursed humans. And last time I checked, the Worgen Curse made you immune to the curse of undeath, and yet there are Worgen DKs. I still don't get how that works.

Anyway, I'd love for us to have the option to select Forsaken as our race, then choose the race which we once were, if we want to pretend there's a backstory to our new character, then customize how that character will look (like we do with the current ones in the human forms they have).

The Forsaken are by and large Lordaeron humans who were raised from death by minions of the Lich King, who were rallied to action by Sylvanas against the Dreadlords Balnazzar, Detheroc, and Varimathras. The Forsaken adventurer that a player would control in Azeroth has a full-featured story that you can experience in their starting area that will help explain the nature of being Forsaken versus being Undead.

While many races can live in Undeath, these races would not be part of the Forsaken faction of Undead, which is why you don't see them as playable. I would think you would be much more likely to see Undead Death Knights of various races than to ever meet a Tauren who was living in Lordaeron at the time of the death of King Tereneas, which is basically the only possibility of finding a Forsaken that is a Tauren.

As far as I know, and feel free to correct me, the Forsaken are specifically those Undead Humans and a number of Undead High Elves from Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas who pledged their allegiance to Sylvanas and The Horde following the events of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

TL;DR Undead doesn't mean Forsaken
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Feb. 18, 2016, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/17/2016 06:52 PMPosted by Rubedo
raised raised

raised so good, they had to do it twice.

>: /
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - Feb. 18, 2016, 3:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/17/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Viera
Elf undead models confirmed.

Finally I can trade in my bunny ears for knife ears.

Dark rangers! Sylvanas! Dar'Khan Drathir!