Vehicles play mayor role in Ulduar encounters

#0 - Feb. 17, 2009, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(
#127 - Feb. 18, 2009, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If i am in a vehicle I may as well be naked, my gear that i worked so hard to get is completely worthless, it removes our identities and just makes us all exactly the same. This is not a good thing.
You may like to note that the vehicles used in the Flame Leviathan encounter change depending on the gear equipped by the player in control of said vehicle. Someone decked in Naxx loot or above will have a smoother ride than someone wearing their levelling garb.
Q u o t e:
people are getting scared of being taken outside of their tiny shell of rotations and min maxing etc. Get over it, They've desribed one encounter with vechiles. I very much doubt that even even a 3rd of the bosses in there with utalise vechiles.
How true! The majority of Ulduar itself will require you to topple encounters without vehicular assistance. =) The feedback across the forum regarding the brief preview we have released is very mixed. This is something I call the Marmite effect. Some people like Marmite, some people do not. It does not stop Marmite being produced, however. What’s to say that people who once did not like Marmite will not like Marmite if they try it again sometime in the future?

P.S I love Marmite, and I also feel Mario Kart involved a considerable amount of skill if played right.
#134 - Feb. 18, 2009, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Shame you don't feel that way about Sunwell-difficulty encounters anymore. Although great job, you chose the right marketing route!
The point I am trying to make is that whatever the development teams chooses to do, there will always be some players that enjoy the content brought to their screens, and others will say it is not to their taste. It's an impossible battle to give every single person the content they want to see, but doing nothing would be even worse.