More fun vehicle raids, please!

#0 - Feb. 20, 2009, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I'm reading through the forums and I encounter the `make flame tank OPTIONAL` thread. We've got a complaint about content that hasn't been introduced? Is starting threads to champion or critique game elements that aren't actually in play yet the new thing for cool kids to do?

I'll come in on the other side then. Thanks for making the Flame Tank vehicle fight! It's really fun and awesome and I hope you add more vehicle-based encounters to our raids. Boy howdy, I've never had such an enjoyable time in WoW as when I was winning the Flame Tank battle. I'm glad it didn't suck!

#2 - Feb. 20, 2009, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So I'm reading through the forums and I encounter the `make flame tank OPTIONAL` thread. We've got a complaint about content that hasn't been introduced? Is starting threads to champion or critique game elements that aren't actually in play yet the new thing for cool kids to do?

I'll come in on the other side then. Thanks for making the Flame Tank vehicle fight! It's really fun and awesome and I hope you add more vehicle-based encounters to our raids. Boy howdy, I've never had such an enjoyable time in WoW as when I was winning the Flame Tank battle. I'm glad it didn't suck!

It's definitely not a new thing to do, but we are looking forward to delivering this new vehicle fight and expect (or at least hope) that allowing the vehicles to scale based on gear will help alleviate some of the issues players have had with them in the past.
#28 - Feb. 20, 2009, 6:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm kinda curious as to exactly how vehicles will benefit from stats. Like, will certain vehicles use certain stats which make them more viable to use for different classes (i.e. casters use one vehicle, melee use another vehicle, tanks use yet another vehicle, etc.)?

The stronger the piece of equipment, the greater the benefit to the vehicle, different classes are irrelevant.
#57 - Feb. 20, 2009, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

(I know I'm pushing my luck here)

stronger in ilvl or pure stat for the class?

=D

Item level. /shoves luck back
#65 - Feb. 20, 2009, 8:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Guess that means less disenchanting of gear, since any ilvl upgrade (cloth for a tank, etc..) would benefit.

I sense a lot more tanks with spellpower....

Could be dangerous if (no guarantees) the vehicle fighting is a phase of the fight and not the whole thing though right?

Q u o t e:
Now taking item lvl 226 stuff regardless of spec or type as long as I can equip it and don't already have a 226 in that slot. Just so I can be a SUPER VEHICLE. Right from the start.

=)

Just trying to help. >_>
#83 - Feb. 21, 2009, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
When this encounter is available on the PTR, I'm sure someone will work out the math on it to perfection and I look forward to reviewing it. ;-)