The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/testrealm.html
- Due to significant talent tree revisions, all players will have their talent points reimbursed. Several new spells and abilities have been added for select classes. Players will need to visit their class trainer to learn new spells.
- The Argent Tournament, a permanent in-game event, has come to Icecrown. Players interested in taking part in this event should visit the Argent Pavilion located on the west side of the tournament grounds. Features include:
- New ways of gaining reputation with capital cities.
- All new daily quests, achievements and titles.
- New rare and epic items, tabards, pets, banners, faction shirts and mounts.
- Mounted combat, and much more to come!
- All Ground Mounts may now swim without dismounting the rider. Flying Mounts still may NOT, and will dismount the rider upon entering water.
- Ulduar is now available for limited testing. Please visit the Public Test Realms for more details. http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html?forumId=11095&sid=1
- Players level 40 and higher will now be able to visit their trainer to pay a one-time fee and access the dual talent specialization feature.
- The achievement Brew of the Year has been removed from the Brewmaster meta-achievement. The achievement Brew of the Month has been added in its place.
- Noblegarden has been redesigned into a week-long holiday with new items, quests, and more. Various achievements have been added, including the meta-achievement Noble Gardener, which is now required for the meta-achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been.
- Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power. The same rules for switching between dual talent specializations now apply to switching glyphs and cannot be performed while in combat, Battlegrounds (except when Preparation is up), or Arenas (no exceptions).
- Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- Enemy Unit Frames: This feature is only available while in Arenas, with several options in the Interface Options.
- Battleground quests “Concerted Efforts” (Alliance) and “For Great Honor” (Horde) now require an Alterac Valley Mark of Honor in addition to the current requirements. These quests now award more honor upon completion.
- Players will now be able to queue for battlegrounds from any location. Leaving a battleground will return you to the location from which you entered.
- Seaforium Barrels can now be looted while mounted, seen from anywhere in the zone, and found at the Central Graveyard.
- Teleporters can now be used while mounted and can now be seen from anywhere in the zone.
- Alterac Valley
- Drek’Thar, Vanndar Stormpike, the tower Heralds and Warmasters have received a hit point and damage upgrade in the level 80 version of Alterac Valley.
- Strand of the Ancients
- Capturing the Southern Graveyard will now automatically capture both the East and West Graveyards.
- Lake Wintergrasp
- All players who attack a siege vehicle should now get credit if it is destroyed.
- Daily quests “Slay Them All!” (Horde) and “No Mercy for the Merciless” (Alliance) have had their PvP kill requirements reduced to 10 from 20. NPCs defending the fortress and south towers now count toward these dailies as well.
- The number of NPCs defending fortress has been increased.
- Siege Engines now have Steam Pressure as a resource type (replaces energy).
- Siege Engines now have the Steam Rush ability from Ulduar.
- The southern Siege Factories can be captured.
- Steam Rush: Removed from the Siege Engine due to pathing issues.
- The time between battles will be saved should a realm shut down. If Wintergrasp is active when a realm shuts down, the battle will restart from the beginning when the realm is once again live.
- Towers in Southern Wintergrasp now have more defensive cannons.
- Command (Orc Racial): Applies to shaman pets, and now correctly applies to death knight pets.
- Gift of the Naaru (Draenei Racial): The heal has been changed to an instant-cast heal-over-time.
- Stoneform (Dwarf Racial): No longer makes you immune to poison, disease and bleed effects for 8 seconds. Instead, using Stoneform will clear those effects when cast. Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes from 3 minutes.
- Armor Penetration Rating: All classes now receive 25% more benefit from Armor Penetration Rating.
- The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced.
- Haste Rating: shamans, paladins, druids, and death knights now receive 30% more melee haste from Haste Rating.
- Hysteria, Tricks of the Trade, Enrage, Wrecking Crew, Death Wish, Arcane Power, Owlkin Frenzy, Beast Within, and Avenging Wrath damage bonuses no longer stack together.
- Mana Regeneration: The amount of mana regeneration derived from intellect and spirit has been reduced by 40%; however, talents that allow for mana regeneration while in combat have been increased. As a result, in-combat regeneration for classes with those talents will stay the same, while out-of-combat regeneration will be lower.
- The shaman’s Fire Elemental and Spirit Wolves, mage’s Water Elemental and Mirror Images, and druid’s Treants have all gained avoidance from area-of-effect damage similar to what warlock and hunter pets already have.
- Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category. In addition, Taunt-type effects from pets and from classes other than death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior have been set such that bosses can be made immune to them while still affected by death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior taunts.