Buying emble of valor using emblem of heroism

#0 - Feb. 24, 2009, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
since you guys already have the emblem of valor trading for emblem of heroism.
can we please have it the other way too?

I wouldn't mind if you have it like 2 or 5 or 10 emblems of heroism for 1 emblems of valor.

I don't really have time to raid all the 25man contents per week to get the emblems of valor.

blizz can you please consider this.

#20 - Feb. 25, 2009, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't plan to do this as it defeats the purpose of a multi-tiered emblem (badge) system. If you want emblem of valor gear right now, you can either look into groups for Naxxramas 25 or hit Ulduar 10 when that is available as that is likely how it will work.
#25 - Feb. 25, 2009, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Please do add other things to buy with heroism though. It would be nice if good tanks and healers still ran heroics for some kind of reward, gems from heroism were a good step.

We have not added anything on the PTR at this point and I haven't heard of any plans to do so, we'll see how things go though.
#53 - Feb. 26, 2009, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Also Bornak if you feel the two loot progression model was so important why are you allowing 25 man players access to the 10 man loot without running the content?

We are okay with trading down in this scenario, especially with the addition of gem purchases on the emblems of heroism. We didn't like the idea of seeing players getting decked out in Ulduar gear saying "shoot, gotta go run Naxx10/heroics so I can purchase gems" when they have their new emblems just stacking up.
#57 - Feb. 26, 2009, 6:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

By this logic, shouldn't enchanting mats of all kinds also be purchasable in this way?

I understood the gem vendor in 2.4; those were gems that were really not very accessible to those not running Hyjal/BT/Sunwell. But if the quote is the current philosophy, then why do we have only a gem vendor selling raw mats of the same kind that players can sell to other players, from their own farming/tradeskill-processing efforts? Why not also a shard/abyss/dust vendor for varying amounts of badges?

The abyss crystals which often pile up are used for enchanting themselves, but emblems of valor alone don't give you anything without the conversion. Also green items often drop in raid dungeons to cover some of those mats. So right now the only part you don't get are Dream Shards of which you often only need a limited amount to cover you for a decent amount of time whereas getting 5 gems would mean 50 emblems of heroism which would be a lot of dungeon running.
#59 - Feb. 26, 2009, 6:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Bornakk will you be able to buy Tier 8 (tokens that drop from 10-man Ulduar) with Emblems of Valor?

Sort of like how you can buy Tier 7 (not Tier 7.5) with Emblems of Heroism that drop from 10-man Naxx, Eye of Eternity and Sarth.

Or will Tier 8 only drop from Ulduar 10 (assuming Tier 8.5 only drops from 25-man Ulduar)

Currently there are no additional items added to the Emblem of Valor quartermaster. We will have to wait and see if anything changes.