Byebye druid Tanks!?

#0 - Feb. 28, 2009, 12:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Whats up with Blizzard and the continuous nerf attack versus the druids?

In TBC they found out the druids was way to good tanks so they nerfed the armor to hell and as a compensation for this they gave us more HP so we still could be usefull as tanks. Even tho after WOTLK came i saw a huge drop in feral tanks overall, and with Blizzard new nerfs i doubt this trend will change?:

- Heart of the Wild: Stamina bonus changed to 2/4/6/8/10%. (was 20%)
- Survival of the Fittest (Tier 6) now increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 11/22/33%. (Previously 22/44/66%)

And as an compensation for these nerfs they have came up with the "great" ability called Savage Defense:

- Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.

WOOOHA! This is such a useless new ability.... and when i read this note from Blizzard (see below) i kinda wonder what the heck they have been thinking when it comes to tanking gear for druids.

Savage Defense
It isn't intended as a buff or nerf per se. As many players have surmised, we want to make gearing as a bear tank more interesting, yet we don't have a lot of room to expand on stamina, dodge or armor. In this case the specific numbers are not as important as the general idea, though we also think the specific numbers are a really good place to start.

DOH!
Before ya come with such comments as "we want to make gearing as a bear tank more interesting", then you guys maybe should consider making some specific druid tank gear as well ? *gosh*. Or should we still fight with cats and rogues to get our TANK gear still ?

Anyways thumbs up for boosting cats.... but dont forget the bears :( We need more love!
#32 - March 2, 2009, 11:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
blue poste
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to keep our goal of having all 4 tank classes capable of handling Ulduar, we need to get tank health pools a little closer together.

While I won't hide that this is a nerf for bears, we also don't want to get to the point of having a "mana sponge" tank, now that we are making mana more of an issue for healers.

If druids slip behind as a result of lack of mitigation, avoidance or cooldowns, we will buff them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15443285411&pageNo=12#228

so just w8 and see :)
Quoted for visibility.