Could this be stackable shards or a nerf?

#0 - March 2, 2009, 7:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Soul Shard: This item now has a maximum count of 32 in inventory.

Taken from updated PTR patchnotes.

I can't interpret this properly n_n

Does this mean we can have a maximum of 32 shards at all times in our inventory, or does it mean Shards stack to a maximum of 32?

Gah >_>

If it's the former, that's a massive nerf to the Warlock class. Why not remove shards alltogether?

[edit] Nevermind, I think I figured it out (way too early in the morning for this n_n). So we won't be able to have more than 32 shards, yay.

It'd make sense to increase the limit to 100 or 200 shards at a maximum and then have the shards stack up to 10 and reduce the amount of shard stacks a soulbag can take down to that maximum (e.g 20 stacks).
#7 - March 2, 2009, 11:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To clarify this change, the shards do not stack, and you're limited to having 32 (to avoid overspill to your main inventory from the 32 slot Soul Shard bag).

The new mechanic for Drain Soul will be throwing you shards left and right, enough so that you should never be empty sharded.

Of course some of you guys will have carried more than 32 shards in the past and could well see it as a nerf, but with the shards simply flying in with this change, such a cap will be more than sufficient.

This is, as you say, a band aid fix. As ever, any change we make will generate positive feedback from some people, and negative from others. This is step one in the long walk to having our ultimate plans on Soul Shards put into place.