Ganking = Dip*#!# Rank 14

#0 - Nov. 13, 2006, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hell yea, this is a rant. Or a mixture of one, and a slight attempt at discussion.
...What is it with ganking? I've been trying to figure it out for ages. It does not make sense at all. Said level 60 dip%#!! is running through said level 20 - 30 area. In his passing he notices a character somewhere between 30 and 40 levels lower than himself. (Yes, that is a very likely case...)
Why is it that most of the times this occurs, the level 60 will simply kill the lower level character? (No, I don't mean why it happens. I mean why would he do it, 'tard.)

It's always a mild annoyance, having to walk from the graveyard to the spot you were occupying before. If this sudden ambush wasn't done by someone with 10x your hp, and 10x your damage it isn't too bad. Hell, it may even be a fair fight.
Ganking, however, somewhat equals stopping at EACH and EVERY level 1 critter on the road from Darnaussus to Ironforge to kill it. Would you do that?

Thus: People who stop to kill low-levels = people who stop to kill every level 1 critter on their way. 'nuff said.

Oh. Not discussable, really. I'm very flamable though. :)
#74 - Nov. 14, 2006, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Flaming stops now.