12/12 Honor Gain Reduction

#0 - Dec. 12, 2006, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Now that the Before the Storm content patch has been live for the past week, we’ve had a better opportunity to track the rate at which players are accumulating honour, and subsequently how easy it's been to obtain honour rewards. In gauging these elements, we've determined that the effort required to obtain honor rewards is more trivial than we had intended.

As a result, during Wednesday's maintenance we will apply a hotfix that reduces the amount of honour gained by approximately 30%. This change allows the honour rewards to be obtained at rate that better reflects the item’s in-game value.

The reason that we decided to reduce the rate of honour gain rather than simply raise the honour cost of each item, is to ensure that everyone’s time and effort participating in PvP since the patch is not diminished. As this change will only affect future honour accumulation.
#4 - Dec. 12, 2006, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Feel free to use this thread to state your thoughts on the change, but refrain from insults, trolling and the like.

Thank you.
#11 - Dec. 12, 2006, 10:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
CTRL C + CTRL V ?

Almost. Just a little change on the timing part, as the maintenance hasn't started in Europe yet. I'd rather spend my time reading feedback and managing the forums than pretend we don't share messaging across the territories - both ways, contrary to popular belief. ;)
#306 - Dec. 13, 2006, 2:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Though I had to remove a few posts and their authors for language I'd like to thank people for keeping this and the other threads on the forum (especially those blue-tagged) constructive. While there will be no promise of changes, the feedback and several suggestions will be forwarded.

I'd like to comment on one specific thing though, and that's the differing "reasons" people come up with for this and other changes.

Basically, you can talk and reason about money or focus groups or developers' personal preferences - it all comes down to one thing in the end, and that's "wanting people to want to play our game". While you may disagree on the success we have in this, please at least acknowledge (silently, to yourself) that's the intention. If you really think we don't want you playing, you're simply way off target.