Petition for twink item changes

#0 - April 18, 2007, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Originally posted on US forums. and i feel the need to post here [Pwntage Original Writer]:

For years now twinks have been a part of the blizzard community, and in rapidly growing numbers at that. Many players find that discovering new items to be used on a lvl 19, 29, etc. is as fun as actually playing the twink. Or that creating the twink is as fun as playing it.

I think i speak for 99% of the twinks out there when i say that twinks aren't about lowbie killing. Sure, if your a lowbie and your between me and the flag, i'm going to kill you, but i wont stray half way across the field to kill you. Twinks have but one motive, challenges. Many people get the stereotype that the twink was made for the sole purpose of finally getting to kill people due to gear/enchant advatanges when they were unable to do so at 70. We'll i'll tell you that i have not seen a single decently played twink who didn't also play a main with that same skill. Twinks look for challenges, and competitions, otherwise it's just boring.

Now that i've explained the common stereotype we get let me introduce the problem myself and many other twinks face:

In the upcoming patch SEVERAL changes have been made that directly affect twinks. These are:

The Arena Grand Master trinket now has +12 stamina as opposed to the orriginal 12 dodge rating.
Leg armor will now no longer be applyable to twink-lvl leggings.
The Lucky Fishing hat will now require lvl 30 (possibly boots aswell).
Nightmare seeds now require lvl 60 to use.
The shoulder/helm mail enchants will be nerfed.

Now some of these can be good while some can be bad, so let me explain.

The arena trinket getting the change it did will have a negative effect on rogues, but a positive effect on most other classes i'd think. So this change is ok.

The leg armor not being applying i think is just wrong. Nearly all of the current twinks have this enchant, to simply remove it from future twinks is basically stating that blizzard no longer wants people making new twinks, as they won't be able to compete with twinks that have this leg armor. Do not fix the leg armor, too many twinks have it.

The lucky fishing hat change is by far the reason i started this thread. This is more than just +70hp to us twinks. It is a sign of dedication to twinking, even if it took you one week, you still got the fishing, the lures, and the 2 hours to fish for it. For most people however this item took weeks to get, myself amoung these. Putting a level requirement on something that people have been dedicated to getting since it was found possible is wrong. What's even more wrong is the fact that those of us who actually spent the long hours to get this hat (which is like an epic to the twink community) will suddenly have it ripped off of our heads as if we had never had it at all. Taking the fishing hat is basically saying that anyone with 1000 gold can go BUY a twink now. The fishing gear was the ultimate finish to your perfect twink that was MADE, not bought. This is by far the lowest blow.

The nightmare seed fix is fine, though i feel sorry for the people that didn't get to use their purchased ones. 2000 hp increase is a bit extreme in a bracket where most of the twinks have less than that.

The shoulder enchant fix is neccessary, yet i disagree with it. You have let this go on for too long, people have spent too much time/money to get these for you to just take them from us. Like it was said before, it is blizzards fault, not the players.

I have spoken to several people and seen more still posting about dropping this game if all these changes go through. Twinking is our end-game, it's been fine for what 3 years? let us be.

/Signed - Duality
#127 - June 8, 2007, 10:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread and removed some of the most offensive posts.

Please keep a more civil tone in future discussions.