Intercept abuse

#0 - Jan. 28, 2008, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
the more i bg, the more i see warriors using intercept not as a means to catch kiters, but as a 'free stun' - not only when fighting kiter classes, but also melee classes like enh shaman, rogue and even other warriors. taking a few steps back, and using intercept to get in a 3 sec stun.

same goes for intimidate - now being used as a free cc to hamstring and cc any opponent they are attacking.

these would be all acceptable in a situation that is pre patch 2.0, but with the tbc and 12 k hp and whopping armor, talents from second wind to stun resist to a 9% 2 hander mace stun chance that somehow procs every fight 2 times (what kind of 9% ratio that is i wonder with a 3 speed 2 hander) it is not.

intercept was intended as a means to catch kiters at times when warriors didnt have dps, hp or talents enough for pvp, and it was working well.

now it has become some abused utility. i wonder who are the real rogues that deals big dps and stuns - warriors or us.

no skill should be able to be abused like this, as no other class is allowed to do the same, instant 'adjustments' are being made instead.

i want intercept to have a longer cooldown, or some range adjustment so that no warrior will be able to abuse it as a free stun even when fighting a blinking mage without experiencing fear of catching a kiter.
#138 - Jan. 29, 2008, 1:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seems like it is necessary to throw in this link again:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=471777173&sid=1