Stunlock

#0 - May 9, 2008, 9:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello all,

Forgive me, I'm posting on an alt because i can already see the hate whispers in game.

I feel i really have to post. Stunlock is boring and must go, along with all the other silly additions to rogues over the last year or so.

The reson is not that Rogues are overpowered, although, plainly they are top of the mound today. Such arguments arn't really valid, as classes get buffed and nerfed all the time. The reason is that stunlock is boring.

There is no fun, sport or enjoyment in being made to stand on the spot, watching your character die without any chance of retaliation of any kind. It is boring.
One on one the Rogue will always win if played properly. And, even if a clueless player fails, they still have Cloak, vanish and start over. Boring.
For a player to do 20k damage in less than 10 seconds is boring enough, but to do it with no chance of any form of reply is dull in the extreme.
This morning, i entered an AB BG to find 23 of the 27 who started were Rogues. While this is an extreme example, Rogues are, in my experience, the most represented class in BG's. This says alot.

I propose a rationalisation of the Rogue class -

1 - Remove stunlock. ALL stuns to break on any damage. Or trinket on a 5 second cooldown with no GCD. Or all damage to a stunned target is reduced by 90%. After all, Fear has been nerfed by a series of such things and is now virtually useless, and stuns have always been way way more powerful than fear.
2 - Cloak of shadows on a 30 minute cooldown (at least, perhaps 60 minute would be more realistic for such a game breaking ability), and share that cooldown with Vanish. Shaman have their elementals, which are a far weaker ability than cloak, on 30 minutes after all. Deathcoil is 2 minutes, Paladin bubble etc etc. Why do Rogues get the most overwhelming ability on a 1 minute CD?
3 - Remove the mace stunning rubbish, the game has enough stuns already.
4 - All classes to get way way better stealth detection. I'd suggest making it impossible to stealth up to someone in an open field in daylight.
5 - Sap disabled in PVP, perhaps blind too. At least reagents for blind to be priced at over 10g to stop the over use.

These are extreme suggestions, but then being stunlocked to death with no a chance is pretty extreme too.

Stunlock is boring, get rid of it.

I await the hate filled 12 year old Rogues response.

#325 - May 12, 2008, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=471777173&sid=1