#0 - March 6, 2009, 3:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We applied a few key arena hotfixes over the past couple days to both the live realms and the tourney realms. I posted about these on the pvp forum but I figured I should get something up over here in case you missed it.

The Ring of Valor

1. We removed the gates. Players are now free to begin combat as soon as the elevators reach the floor of the arena. This one was a doozy but we think we finally have a good handle on it now.

2. We modified the small side pillars to start in the up position. They used to rise up a few seconds after the start of the match.

3. We made a fix to the flame wall that allows it to break fear / root / etc. effects just like any other type of spell damage would. (ie. x damage taken and overall % health)

Dalaran Sewers

1. We fixed the exploit that allowed warlocks to use Demonic Circle in the starting pipe and then teleport back to it after the match began.

We also have a lot of general fixes that we cannot hotfix but are on tap for 3.1.0. This list includes fixes for falling though the world, allowing players to use object creation spells on elevators and clearer messaging that events in the arena are about to take place. For example we have a new water effect in the Dalaran Arena that will make it very clear the water column is coming in the next 5 seconds.

A lot of these fixes and changes come directly from these boards, we are listening so keep the feedback coming.