Regarding PCT Destination realms

#0 - Aug. 24, 2006, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Need to keep this thread going. :)
#1 - Aug. 24, 2006, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Haha. I was honestly waiting for this one. :p

I'll copy over the PCT threads tomorrow, and see what I can answer about this then. ;)
#15 - Aug. 25, 2006, 1:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok folks. Let's see now...

First of all, no rules will be changed based on personal stories, and no realms will be opened by request outside the rules.

About the ability to move characters to a realm where you already play:
This is something we look at with interest, but it's honestly not so simple. Does one base this on level? Or last logged in time? Both those can be worked around (leveling to 60 with help can be quick indeed). Maybe use played time on the realm? Can those who want this get what they want in another way?
It's on the idea list, but I honestly think that right now it's more likely we'll loosen up the "Full" restrictions if we want to add more flexibility. The PCT is maturing now, and we can start making changes based on substantial data on the moves. We'll have to look at the options and will let you know of any changes. We won't start discussing specifics in public unless it's an option we feel confident will work though.

Concerning the selection of realms, it's currently as simple as using the Full tags system, which is based on a realm's population for the week. This is based on concurrency data we extract from the database and not subject to if / but / maybe arguments. ;)
Any numbers pulled at a specific time, such as "realm A has queues now, while realm B is medium pop", are irrelevant to the discussion. High, Medium and Low tags are relative, and a Medium realm can have queues while a High one during the morning is nowhere near having a queue.
#50 - Aug. 29, 2006, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Soooo Thundgot ... any news? Can we get our hopes up for tomorrow or not?

The population is increasing more and more. I wouldn't expect any additional realms being eligible - rather the opposite.
#150 - Sept. 8, 2006, 3:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the PCT is down I'll close this thread about destination realms. The list of destination realms will be updated before the PCT opens again. We'll let you know ASAP when we have an ETA for that.

Thank you for your patience.