- The Majority wants the OLD BE models back -

#0 - Oct. 24, 2006, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, I took myself the time and liberty of posting "some" quotes people who want the "old" Blood Elf Male models back or are just simply unsatisfied about the new model! Perhaps we can convince Blizzard that muscle-men are too original and way too unrealistic and that we want something better looking.

I hope somebody can pass this on to the developers, or anything in that direction. I pasted every quote I could find in this single topic just to make it easier since I'm pretty sure they're too lazy of scrolling trough those 10-pages long topics. And blue members, please read something for once instead of spending all your time in the Off-Topic section.

Here they are (long list):

Q u o t e:
The old models looked much better than the new ridiculous models which look just as retarded as human and night elf males. I was personally looking forward to making a good-looking realisticly built male blood elf.

Now I don't know if I can be even bothered to come back to wow for the BC.. I don't currently play and I was only coming back to roll a BE mage. I don't make female chars, i'm not 13.. but I ain't making some steroid-pumped moron which looks nothing like a spell caster.

Thanks blizz. Messed up again, and we all know you never listen to the community so I highly doubt you will change the models back.

Q u o t e:
I was looking forward to playing a male caster that didn't look like he'd been abusing steroids...might go troll instead then.

Q u o t e:
Basically they managed to get some ugly fat 12 year old beta testers who were unhappy with the "gay" BE males so that's why they got changed to these monstrosities.

Q u o t e:
Give the old ones back =(

Q u o t e:
That's it. Now they look retarded like human and nightelfs. Won't roll one now. : /

Q u o t e:
the elves look better skinny IMO

Q u o t e:
Tbh they' weren't skinny.. they just looked like normal bodies (the male ones) now they look retarded and we'll have a nelf/human situation where few people play the male versions and the place is overrun with anorexic girls.

Q u o t e:
The new BE male models look horible indeed :S Realy hope the give the old model back or else i will just play female like the rest of the server ;)

Q u o t e:
Well this is pathetic.

Q u o t e:
Time to spam /bug in the beta. I'll even ticket it. Cause this is just silly.... Why Blizzard? Why are you *%!#ing us? Stop thinking about the children!

Q u o t e:
PLZ BLIZARD!!!!!

Q u o t e:
i beg you so much Change them back to being skinny and cute and omg i want a nice char to play instead of some bulky wannabe human!!!!

Q u o t e:
they now look like ugly humans on speed, i think they had to change them cuz ppl were homophobic against them calling them gay and stuff i dunno.

well i hope you are happy now you C-nts you got your macho belfs so enjoy playing them with ther'yre bulky arms oversised hands and tree trunk legs!!

Q u o t e:
That's it.. I wont roll Blood elf Male. ._. Beter stay at undead male..
Blizz made them to look too wrestling-type body, just like ugly human male ( Which got also ugly face + Animations ).. -_- Nelfs are also ugly.

Q u o t e:
Sad change, would have been more interesting if they would have been kept skinny... Ohwell guess if I reroll BE that it won't be male again....

Q u o t e:
To those of you that are happy about this reroll NE or Human instead of demanding a new race to look exactly the same as the ones that already exist.

Change them back.

Now.

Q u o t e:
Do Blizzard seriously think that male Night Elves and Humans is the way males should look in general? This is why I not hate gnomes and dwarves (males) <3

Q u o t e:
What were you thinking blizzard? its one of the most retarded changes imaginable, if you are going to make them look like body builders why dont you give them the warrior class while you are at it, change it back for pity's sake you are only making a mockery of what was looking like a good expansion.

Q u o t e:
Change them back please! If they can't be warriors, then at least make them look like casters damnit!

Q u o t e:
blizzard really need to reconsider the blood elf model -_- they themselves are arguing with lore about blood elves unable to be warriors yet they pull a stunt like this which makes no sense atall, i can imagine it now:

" Due to the overload of arcane power in the bloodelves bodys it builds up theyre muscles passively over time! that is why with our EXPERT designing skills we have come up with the new blood elf model"

*cough*

Q u o t e:
What the HELL was the person who designed these new models thinking?

Ugh.

Change them back before TBC goes live, please. :(

More to come...
#22 - Oct. 24, 2006, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll be happy to forward some opinions on this, however:

Q u o t e:
The new models really do suck ass, they looked way better before :|

Comments like that, what's a dev supposed to do with that?! If you don't like something, that's acceptable, but for goodness' sake, provide proper feedback.

For balance's sake, if you're still bored, how about collating the positive feedback too? ;)
#278 - Oct. 27, 2006, 1:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Blizzard stated that they decided to change the BE models because WE, the majority, felt they were too feminine. Personally I don't remember full threads of complaints of BE's gayness, there were some comments about how thin and fragile they looked, alright, but not tens of threads spreading from Europe to America that asked the effeminate models had to go. Now you are going to tell me that now, the majority has turned into a loud minority? If it's a minority now, it was a minority even back then too, so why did they change the models in the first place? Don't you see a discrepancy here?

And now the gay community is protesting too lol. There are just a few things you shouldn't ever touch, a company should know better, it would be like...removing all the black skins from the human race because they listened to a few racist comments. What do you think it would happen? :)

I see many posts stating that Blizzard changed the models because they looked too gay. When did we say that? The post states 'feminine'. Since when feminine = gay?

Apart from that, discusing 'majority', do we know if perhaps 100.000 tickets were submitted all stating the old model didn't look good? I only see people comparing forum posts; since when is this the only medium?

Ok, so many players on this forum seem to feel that the change was a bad move. Factor in all those people who won't complain at all, then add a much larger number of people who think the model is fine. (Going on the well known theory that someone who is unhappy will tell more people about it than a happy person about how happy they are.)

It should be a well known fact that no matter what is changed, updated or modified, there will always be a group of people who do not like it.
#282 - Oct. 27, 2006, 1:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Then why are thin males effeminiate exactally? are you calling me effeminiate because im male and not mucle bound?

If you look exactly like the old BELF model, then apparently there are people who might find that slightly feminine.

Are you just looking for something to be offended about?