GM's and blizzard staff geting a bad press

#0 - Oct. 3, 2006, 11:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been reading through the fourms for a bit now and a large portion of what seems to be on then is moaning at the GM's ect.....for not doing stuff.

I work at a UK based games company (QA if you must know) and the tech support guys there got lots of complaints, most of which are passed on to us to fix them (patches and stuff). Doing anything takes time,reporting gold farmers most of you seem to think they will be banned instantly, this is not the case as Blizzard need to check to see if they are gold farming and prolly some other stuff too.

So report the gold farmers just be aware that it can take some time to get them banned

P.S. Yes i have posted this on an alt, so what?
#17 - Oct. 3, 2006, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seems to be a problem in society nowadays...
We want it all and we want it yesterday.
We don't want to do anything for it, but we are quite sure that we deserve to have it.
Grass is greener also comes to mind.
Whatever someone is doing isn't good enough and whatever we do get wasn't cheap enough, not quick enough or simply not what we wanted, regardless of whether we actually knew how to ask it..
#18 - Oct. 3, 2006, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
rofl @ bot replies indeed.

you almost need to flame the GM until he uses his keyboard properly.

try yo mama jokes on them, usually works

Hehe, might work (at least I found it a bit amusing, but don't take that as a guarantee).

But the thing with bot reports is that we get so many of them, and the most efficient way (which also gives us more time to investigate the reports) is to give an automated response - but behind every such automated response is a GM who is registering the name of the reported bots and making sure it gets investigated. How is nothing we can go into detail to. Just know that we ARE looking into all reports, don't despair if it takes a while before the bot disappears.

There is of course more in this thread I can reply to, as always with all the posts on this forum, but I'll do with this for now. A thank you to those who appreciate our efforts, and an assurance to the rest of you that we are working hard. It's impossible to please every single one of you though ;)
#25 - Oct. 3, 2006, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To sposts 22 and 23: Of course mistakes will be made, we are lot of human beings working here. Give me an example where human beings never make mistakes ;)
I make mistakes (As I'm sure plenty of players will love to point out (Screenshot or it didn't happen)).
It doesn't make life easier and it gets frustrating.. But believe me, in daily life I get far worse Customer Service almost anywhere else..
#30 - Oct. 3, 2006, 1:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wow, how many cliche's in one post.
/impressed.

Your not a football manager in your spare time are you per chance?
Should be.

Best reply ever..
#56 - Oct. 3, 2006, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I don't know about you, but waiting nearly four months for a harassment case to be dealt with more than justifies a certain level of anger towards the "support" team.

A harassment report sent ingame doesn't take four months to deal with, so I don't know what happened in your case. But if you feel that a Game Master hasn't dealt with your report properly you can send an email to WoWconcernsEU@blizzard.com

I can't answer for what happened on the old forums (and we can't discuss specific accounts and harassment cases on the General Forum anyway), but if this harassment you mention is still going on and you feel we don't deal with it you can send a mail to WoWrepForumEN@blizzard.com