Can we have some info on [new realm] please?

#0 - Nov. 8, 2006, 3:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are we going to have a new pvp realm before 2007?

#2 - Nov. 8, 2006, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are constantly evaluating the realistic need for new realms and we do indeed heed and regard player feedback as well.
This question is asked quite often and we will not simply answer because it is asked over and over again.
In stead, we check stats, numbers, feedback and when we are ready to provide new realms we will do so and inform the community in a, hopefully, relatively, timely manner.
#7 - Nov. 8, 2006, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, all of us, xept the Napoleon people have understood this now. Still, if u provide us with alittle more information in how much is needed be4 a new realm is released, then we would be able to make our own conclution on when a realm will be released, and you would not even have to say anything, Works good for all involved parts!

Fair enough, so here's one: Having all PvP realms actually 'full' on a regular basis would be a reason to start looking into the need for a new realm.
Players themselves have been posting that all PvP realms aren't full, which supports our numbers.
#36 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Do you realize that you are saying something completely different from what a blizzard poster has earlier said? I can't remember if it was Thundgot or if it was written elsewhere, however it was clearly started that Blizzard never intended for every (in this case PvP servers) to be full in order to release a new server, as long as some sort of unkown numer of servers have a stable member community it shouldn't matter whether a few are still low populated or even recommended.

So how can you (Blizzard) suddenly change your statements so dramatically ?

Aeus said "Having all PvP realms actually 'full' on a regular basis", which is not the same as "having all realms carry the Full flag".

Q u o t e:
Still, if u provide us with alittle more information in how much is needed be4 a new realm is released, then we would be able to make our own conclution on when a realm will be released, and you would not even have to say anything, Works good for all involved parts!

There's simply too many factors involved for this, and would involve us giving you raw historical data to play with - which is simply not going to happen. The bottom line is that several realms could benefit from receiving (and keeping) some more active players, and until we feel confident that the current realms will keep a healthy community also after the release of new realms there won't be new realms.
#37 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I took the liberty of editing the topic of the thread to help others interesting in the "new realms" topic to find this one which contains some blue posts. ;)
#39 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
and i can say it was a good idea since it sure pulled my attention^^

But i have a question: what ever happened to the topic on opening new realms. Would like it back so I check that again once a week ,instead of digging true players posts every day . And then you also only would have to post about new realms there instead of in 3 or 4 different posts

I'll consider restarting it. Trying to keep the number of sticky threads down a bit.
#45 - Nov. 8, 2006, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm 100% sure that alot of people from the new PvE realms will reroll the new PvP realm (if it's even coming) because that's what they wanted in the first place (I did on Lightbringer).

This is something we're keeping in mind. The newer PvE realms have filled up very quickly, and we do expect some players to leave these when a new PvP realm is opened. This weights towards opening a new PvP realm before opening another PvE realm, though I can't say for sure that's how it'll be.
#67 - Nov. 10, 2006, 9:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If there are still any Blizzard posters reading this I got a rather predictable yet fun thing to spice this chat up with.

As you can see now Spinebreaker is still on the recommended list, after spending two weeks being the only recommended realm, it's now there again for the 3rd week in a row only now it's not alone, it has it's good friend Agamaggan by it's side on the recommended list.

The two very realms that used to be known as "The Spannish realms" now that there are real Spannish only realms these two realms are ofcourse deserted and they will remain that way, then it doesn't matter for how many weeks you'll keep em on the recommended list.

Thundgot said 1½ week back that Spinebreaker is filling up really nicely, well if so why is it still on the recommended list? Please realize you (Blizzard) made these two realms deserted when you created the Spannish only realms and now I know some blue poster would probably reply: "But there are other low populated realms as well, which needs to fill up before we can realease a new server" <- I know that BUT Agamaggan and Spinebreaker must be the servers that need players the MOST and they are also the two servers that will never ever even reach medium population.

So please after several weeks now (perhaps even months) realize that Spinebreaker and Agamaggan won't ever get a huge community, put the "real" realms in need of players on the recommended list so they can fill up and we can get our new PvP server, which we have been waiting for for so long now.

Thank you..

Let's see...
- "Increasing nicely" does not mean "will be full in two-three weeks"
- Spinebreaker and Agamaggan are far from deserted
- "Recommended" doesn't mean the realm was below a certain population, only that it's lower than other realms, thus a realm gaining the tag did not necessarily drop in population

"Medium population"... again, it's a relative tag and does not matter. Both Spinebreaker and Agamaggan are above half full, if that's what you think of as "medium".

Whether those two realms will get a "huge" community remains to be seen. It's not what we require though - only that they reach a comfortable one.

Still reading. But please do me the favor of actually reading my posts in return (as opposed to briefly scan them to find something to pick at) . And try to not jump to conclusions, state assumptions as adamant truth and look for arguments for the sake of arguments alone. ;)
#69 - Nov. 10, 2006, 9:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think the stupidity of some people on this forum is starting to crack down on poor Thundie :(

Not more than managing to smile at it. ;)
#73 - Nov. 10, 2006, 11:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just said I don't see Spinebreaker nor Agamaggan ever reaching a medium sized community.

You said "medium population". ;) But yes, I'm aware that it might not refer to the tag. I was aware of that when responding too. I was just making a point. :)

Q u o t e:
if the two recommended realms are above half full, well then what are you waiting for

"Half full" is not the same as a "comfortable population". We aim for a bit more than half full. And yes, they're both a bit more than half full already. We're aiming for a bit more than that again. No, I won't give numbers. :p

Q u o t e:
you said yourself they are filling up very nicely

I believe I said Spinebreaker was, not Agamaggan. ;) (Yes, I'm nitpicking. :p) I expect it to slow down now that it has caught up with other realms and has to share the tag. Hopefully not too much though. This week looks good so far.

Q u o t e:
1: Will there be a new PvP server before TBC or not.
2: If not will you at least release a new PvP realm with the release of TBC.

1. That depends on the population development until then. Though I personally doubt it, the population can theoretically even drop (!!!), in which case opening even more realms will probably not be much of an option at all. So there is no simple answer to that question, as none of us know the future.
2. See #1, and if we open new realms then it's anyhow not something for me to announce at this time.
#81 - Nov. 10, 2006, 12:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nice write-up, Ghay. I'll just point out that I have said that we're very much aware of the PvE realms being likely to lose some players when a new PvP realm opens. I personally doubt it'll be a complete exodus though.

Q u o t e:
What I don't get Thundgot is why you chose to put the "low" populated tag on so god damn many realms then if they are all above half full, it seems stupid and wrong to me atleast.

Low, Medium and High are tags given my an automatic calculation based on "right now" numbers on each realm - the highest are marked High, the lowest are marked Low. The Low, Medium and High tags are thus not relevant to the topic of opening new realms, as there will always be several realms with the Low tag.

Only the Recommended and Full tags are set and unchanged throughout an entire week, based on the population data analyzed regularly, and are thus relevant to this topic.
#83 - Nov. 10, 2006, 1 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well then, you really have fuzzy system there. I dont think theres anyone who has interperate it that way.
I think everyone , despite every post but your last , has interperated it as High beeing servers that have a high population, and low beeing those that have low population, Not that the low servers has the "lowest" population of the ones online , and high has the "highest" population by those online, where the numbers doesent matter.

We thought more like a pre set limit of players, for example 1-5000=low, 5000-7000 = medium and 7000+ = high

Thanks for clearing that out :P have cost us all alot of stupid time :P

It's indeed the most common misunderstanding when it comes to realm population, which is why we added it to the FAQ: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701147&sid=1
Yeah, I know it's "hard" to find in the Archive, but there's enough stickies in the General forum already. I notice it might be in need of a few updates too. *takes notes*