New servers in TBC?

#0 - Sept. 28, 2006, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings WoW community!

Me and a lot of friends have wondered if Blizzard actually put any new servers up in tbc?

I believe many would want to start over on a 'fresh' realm, but since Blizzard only open new realms when others are full we are now in doubt.

Anyone got some info on this? Can't seem to find any useful stickied posts in general, and our dear Schwick haven't said anything about it in his post.

With love,
Aycon and friends

(We're talking PVP servers, not pve/rp whatever)
#1 - Sept. 28, 2006, 1:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We will open new realms when it is required according to realm population numbers, which is something that we continuously monitor.

It is still too early to say if and how many new realms will be opened before the launch of the Burning Crusade, but as soon as we have any new details on this issue we will let you know.

Keep an eye on the homepage and on the forums, because it is in those places you will find the news when we have more info about new realms.
#5 - Sept. 28, 2006, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

and what about releasing servers before TBC?

Same procedure really... If we have plans to open a new realm, then news about it will be posted here on the forums and/or on the homepage. If you see no such news on the forums or on the homepage, then there are no current plans of opening new realms. :-)
#9 - Sept. 28, 2006, 2:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for the quick reply, but I am not talking before the launch. I am talking about after the launch.
We are not interested in new realms before TBC, since it will probably launch in nov/dec anyway.

It is still too early to say if or when there will be opened new realms after the launch of the Burning Crusade… It all depends on population growth on existing realms. If there is a need for opening new realms, then we will open new realms for sure, but not before.

We cannot say that we will open new realms before we determine that it is required! When a new realm opening is planned, we will announce it on the forums and/or on the homepage.
#11 - Sept. 28, 2006, 2:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Okay, was just making sure I understood it correctly :)

/gives carlsberg

#251 - Dec. 14, 2006, 1:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=96859955&sid=1 ;)