Blizzard gone nuts ?? Realm SPLITS ???

#0 - Jan. 8, 2007, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
WHAT are you thinking ?

Splitting up REALMS ???? And then if people dont agree with their split or they were not there to choose you let them PAY to transfer ?

This has to be the most stupid idea i have EVER heard from ANY company in the 15 years i now play online games.

You just GOT to be kidding me right ? Thats some sick april first joke or something ?

*deep dissapointed sigh*

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=155D8B078F1D102CC131B289496C52A4?topicId=62176319&sid=1
#5 - Jan. 8, 2007, 8:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would explain the reasoning behind it, but the thread you linked to already has all the relevant information in it. It's just a solution to make the game more enjoyable for everyone in the end.
#17 - Jan. 8, 2007, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Actually, i dont care about the reasoning behind it.

I am gutted that Blizzard is deciding so easily to break server communities. THAT is what is bothering me the most. You guys have ZERO sense of community.

Your thinking of breaking up servers and people that have played for 2 years together.

Yes, some of you wont understand that, but maybe the ones that played Ultima Online wil understand what i mean with communities. People helped eachother and sticked up for eachother there. THATS what online gaming is about for me. Appeanantly people like me dont mean anything to Blizzard. Else they would have come up with some other way to make the game more enjoyable.

No Crezax, you just looked for an easy way out to not have to reply to this crap solution you guys have come up with.

And for the ones saying i didnt read it, PCT is in last line and the subject is first. I read every word and every letter in that large blue post and it made me wanna puke.

Let's see... you don't care about the reasoning, seem to assume that we'd do such a thing easily, try to assign a made up opinion to someone else (Crezax)... excellent example of not-very-constructive input. And you sigh deeply in the first post? :)

Basically, as the FAQ explained already, this is something that might happen when other measures - including free migration - have been tried and didn't help. It's for when we really don't have any other options left.
#24 - Jan. 8, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I wonder how you guys want to handle a server that is full to the brim - thus eligible for a split - but suffers from a very bad faction imbalance (think silvermoon for example, 4:1 or 5:1 alliance:horde ratio)?
Split the slim horde population even more? create two servers were one has a healthy a:h ratio and the other is only populated by alliance?

I don't have all the details at this time, and things may still remain to be tweaked, but I believe faction balance will be taken into account and attempted kept as balanced as possible when splitting. I believe no realm is even close to a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio of active players though (and I do check the numbers every week).
#39 - Jan. 8, 2007, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I understand its a only a thought and a last resort at the moment but surely that means its a good time to get customer feedback.

Absolutely, and feedback is very welcome (but is it of course preferable that it is presented in a constructive manner). We brought up every concern we could think of when this was planned, and will continue to forward feedback as the topic is discussed. The social aspects of the game are very important to us and we have no wish to split up friends and/or guilds in any way (which e.g. makes the suggestion of closing character creation a much discussed one and currently one we're not very inclined to use - friends starting the game want to join existing friends).

Also gathering questions to see whether we can have more details included in the FAQ (coming soon here too).
#41 - Jan. 8, 2007, 11:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The '"t's raingin in Shanghai" comment can only be from the Penny Arcade online comic.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20

Time to get a new signature, apparently. :p