Ethens Guide to making A gm ticket

#0 - Jan. 7, 2007, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Going on experience and being here and there I thought since I do this it may help to have this here for others who may not do this.

Making a gm ticket gets you help if possible but GM’s will deal with hundreds of tickets a day(this is just one GM) and you may not realise it but it is hard work and knowledge comes with experience. They do have training but they may not know everything you do until they get practical experience so you can get good or bad GM’s.

Another frustration many people may receive is with regard to a GM misunderstanding your ticket and issue and if they produce an auto response you may have the wrong answer to your issue. While the odd occasion this can be from and inexperienced gm the actual main problem stems from how you have written you ticket.

Steps to Improve Gm responses to your tickets and help them help you..

Step 1: Manners
Be polite, no matter how your frustration is be polite in your ticket but when a Gm talks to you be polite to them, they are people as well working in an office and its nice to have a present conversation. Remember you may have a problem but it is not the persons fault you are talking to, don’t make them the fall guy you would not appreciate it yourself if it is not your fault.
Discuss the issue, be polite and calm about it, explain to them and just relax when you talk to them, swearing and screaming will actually not help you but being nice does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2: Knowledge Base
This is a good new feature and if you have an issue or question have a quick check in the knowledge base before you create the ticket. It is early days but this new feature will become a very powerful tool this year and will help you understand some of the new and old issues that blizzard are aware of and provide you with some good answers about the issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3: Which ticket Option
Spend a second to think about your issue and which issue option is the best suited.
For people who ask to trade accounts or say they have sold accounts or who is a gold seller for example the best option is to use “verbal abuse”
If you have found a bot the best option to use is the “physical abuse” option
The others though should be self explanatory.

Step 4: Format of your ticket
This is probably the most key part to getting help or yourself being helpful to blizzard to deal with an issue.

Long text –
If you produce a ticket that looks a lot like this…

Hello, I am very hacked off, I have a real issue and it will not go away, when ever I cast this person comes on and stops me and pesters me it really is a problem and I cant play and I cant do this and I cant do that and with this I am unable to be and cant etc
Please help this is very annoying do something this is stupid

First off as you know with forum posts if you have a wall of text it can be a real struggle to see and it is hard to peace together the actual issue and is not very clear.
This is one problem where a gm may misunderstand you or not be clear about your issue. If you are a gm and you see a lot of these all day it can really hurt your head, they are trained yes but Hopefully you can understand that if you see a lot and trying to understand the person each time it is not easy.

This is not really the best way of creating a ticket and best avoided
Yes you may not speak English very well and all ages play this game but that is why this sort of approach is best avoided and everyone can be clear and helpful despite these if you take another approach.

Be to the point and provide as much detail as you can –

This is best shown with some examples and then explain about them

Example 1 – Bot Report

In physical abuse…
Type: Bot Report
Character Name: [name]
Time: Game time
Actions: I believe this to be a bot – the character is ignoring crate spawns, the character is not responding to conversations, allows you top pull a mob and then kill it for you and takes a very fixed route around the area.
Notes: This bot has the same gear as others you have deleted in the past in this location, same gear, same looks but new name.

Example 2 – Account Trade offer

In Verbal Abuse…
Type: Account trading offer
Character Name: [name]
Time: Game time
Chat: whisper chat
Information: This player asked if We could trade accounts or buy my account, his exact words were “Would you like to sell me your account or take this one?”

Example 3 – Important game npc you need to kill is evading

Issue: NPC evading which is needed for quest
Time: [Game time]
Information: It seemed to bug out once I cast this spell etc. Another before me killed it fine and it spawned. I did this, this and this and then it bugged out and did this and that.
Notes: I could do with this fixed today if possible

As you can see it’s a neat format and easy to read and although may seem shorter then the wall of text it provides very detailed information to the GM’s.
The location and time and chat locations for verbal abuse or comments made as well as the name is very powerful for the GM. They do not have to spend time with a rough time period only to sift through data records they have to locate and verify the comments or actions that have taken place. They can very quickly locate such data with the very specific information you have provided.
This helps then to help you.

It works, trust me.

When a gm then responds to you live if your still online when they respond to your ticket you can inform them the information is there and wait for them to ask you any extra questions or allows you to add to the information you already gave.
If they have all that they need you can say thankyou and before they go they will ask you if there is anything else you can do for them, use this well if you have another true niggle or quick question now is your chance.

Now if you have taken the above steps, you have been polite and been well constructive with you ticket you have got the gm in a nice mood and you can get a nice response.
Don’t forget to wish them well, say thank you and maybe say have a good evening at work etc.
#9 - Jan. 8, 2007, 9:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This guide is quite helpful and if people will actually use it when creating a ticket in-game, it most certainly will be beneficial to both players and Game Masters.

Nice work Ethen :-)