Can we have an update on the CE pet issue?

#0 - Jan. 16, 2007, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue.. where are you? Are you working on a better solution for the CE pet issue? Should I keep waiting and hoping? Or just install the game and forget about the pet alltogether? I'm not sending you items from my box, even less cutting in them. I'm a true collector and my box remains intact - for years to come. I don't want to start to play either untill I know if this will be the only solution or not:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm

Because let's say I install TBC and starts to play now, from scratch, and soon I reach level.. let's say 45, then I check back here and I see you came up with a much better, faster, simple solution. Then I'd have to delete my level 45 character and start all over again if I want the pet? ..great. Or how does it work.. can I add the pet to any already excisting character? I think not? Anyway, please tell me, will the current solution be the only one? If you find a better I will wait, if not, then keep your pets, I'll play without. I just want to know if I should keep waiting and hoping, or not.

Thanks.
#6 - Jan. 16, 2007, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's no update. The process is given on the website, and I have seen no indication that this will change in any way.
#10 - Jan. 16, 2007, 10:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
im confused, i went and got my CE today and i asked the staff at GAME about the pet. They then gave me a leaflet saying come in on the 26th with your reciept and we will give youa flyer with your code on! So what do i do, the site or the store?

The site. I double-checked earlier today with those coordinating this and the process on the website is the only valid process. Any other solution offered by retailers or others is the result of a misunderstanding.
#15 - Jan. 16, 2007, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
edit: Wow, did the above post get deleted?

Yes, as it was posted in multiple threads already.
#94 - Jan. 17, 2007, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have had no offical communication from Blizzard regarding this, what would happen if i didnt check these forums as many dont the 28th would come and go and i would be told i will not recieve the items i have paid alot of money for, this is unacceptable.

I wouldnt be so unhappy if this card was loose in the box but it is along side others sealed in a plastic envelope.

I think it is reasonably fair to assume that players buying the CE, finding out their pet isn't there, would check the homepage and find the link about the pet.