18/01 Free migration

#0 - Jan. 18, 2007, 10:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Note: any free migration may be changed or closed at any time.

To use the free migration, please follow this link:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/charactermoverealms.html

FAQ: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/charactermove.html
(Please disregard the parts about limited hours for the migration and not having multiple destination choices.)

The below migrations are currently active. They're scheduled to close on Monday January 22nd, at 12:00 (noon) CET. However, again, please note that this may change at any time.

Bloodhoof to Bronze Dragonflight
Emerald Dream to Bronze Dragonflight
Thunderhorn to Bronze Dragonflight

Azjol-Nerub to Anachronos
Doomhammer to Anachronos
Turalyon to Anachronos

Ravencrest to Agamaggan
Ravencrest to Vek'nilash
Neptulon to Vek'nilash
Neptulon to Jaedenar
Outland to Jaedenar
Outland to Spinebreaker

#7 - Jan. 18, 2007, 12:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How about hakkar -> something?
to allow those poor stranded english players to get away from that now "invaded" italian server?

Free migration is used for realms that have high population, not for language reasons. Thus we have no way of (or wish to) limiting it by preferred language, or nationality.

Q u o t e:
I have a Question, if you migrate through this system is there still a limitation on how much Gold you can bring as it's in the paid version?

I believe there's not, but I'm not 100% sure.

Q u o t e:
quote is from Tseric.

so we explicitly have to say we do not want to move or blizz will decide for us?

sorry if this abit of a moot point...

This is free migration, not a realm split. The comment you quoted concerns a realm split.

Q u o t e:
Can I include ALL of my characters in this free transfer, or does this free transfer only pertain to a single character?

You can move all your characters, but you must move one at a time. You might want to make sure to move them in quick succession - not with hours or days between - so they don't get split up on different realms.
#17 - Jan. 18, 2007, 2:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will be possible to move the whole guild with Blizzard assistance (to be sure every guildie can move along) or just ends up in hoping everyone can do the transfer "in quick succession" with the others and everyone get transfered?

There's no guild migration support for free migration. If the short time means you might not get the whole guild over that's something you'll need to take into account when considering the move.

Also, if a lot of players migrate very quickly we might need to close the migration to prevent the target realm becoming flooded to a level where other source realms lose the possibility to migrate.

Q u o t e:
What about Runetotem again maybe? I know that there are many from runetotem there want to change realm to Anachronos.. And as far as im concerned Runetotem is still crowded..

Free migration is based on hard factual numbers, not individual considerations. ;)
#18 - Jan. 18, 2007, 2:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thank you for listening to the plees of the players of Doomhammer.
It is a bit short notice to transfer our whole guild (100+ players, 320+ characters) but we're very happy to have the option to transfer at least 1 high level character to another realm, so we can still enjoy the high level content if something is up with Doomhammer.

I should point out that the migration was given due to the population level, not for any other reason. Doomhammer had an extended maintenance period yesterday, and should hopefully be performing better. We're also keeping a close eye on this and other realms that are notorious for performance issues.
#23 - Jan. 18, 2007, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i just want an answer, especially because i got friends on Anachronos too, which managed to transfer from Runetotem.

I've already given the answer I can give; it's based on population. Runetotem is still highly populated, but not as highly as some other realms. As we consider more free migration we will naturally consider the realms' population again.

Q u o t e:
I read the replies about the purpose of migrations but this issue can not be ignored. Hakkar is one of the most suffering servers because of language and the issue should be addressed.

It is not ignored, but it will not be addressed further in a thread about free migration.

Q u o t e:
Yeah im sure <cough> no queues for ages just downtime and pages of complaints..
a statement made that transfers are for population only, then we get a transfer.

A realm doesn't need to have queues to receive a free migration offer. We follow the population development on the realms closely and offer such migration also to realms that are approaching queues.
#75 - Jan. 19, 2007, 2:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're currently experiencing some errors with the free migration, but hope to have this corrected this evening.

Also, as any free migration depends on the population on the realms, and this is a changing value, we're not able to give an estimate of when or if a certain realm will receive free migration. And if you're waiting for free migration between two specific realms... simply don't count on it ever happening, as you'd have to be lucky with the population on both being fit for it (and no, we don't take requests for source or destination realms).
#176 - Jan. 20, 2007, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I see some have noticed, but I figured I'd jump in and let you know the free migration is up and processing again.