A Warrior, Druid and Paladin walk into a bar.

#0 - Feb. 2, 2007, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I bet you can kinda guess what this is about, So lets get on with it

To put it gently

The current state of the Druid Feral tree is a complete disgrace to anything blizzard, and their attempts to balance this game. It defies the concept of sacrificing one thing to be good at another. No other class has this benefit of speccing into one single tree, and having the ability to succeed in 2 separate and opposite roles to a degree of having the ability to be put into that role with a knowledge that you can do that role, Not to a better standard of another class (Questionable at best), but have the ability to do that in the first place to a significant level and extremly close to that of the main/parent class.

Warriors specced protection may have the edge on tanking, but

Anything a warrior can tank, a druid can tank also, to a degree that under normal and a few special circumstances no change would be noticeable in the difference of classes tanking.
The warrior sacrifices any solo ability, damage ability and player versus player ability. The same can be said for the paladin.

Just take this as a scenario

Just finished raiding 25man Instance, Main repair bills, bills from simply taking damage (AKA tanking)

Protection Warrior: Damn, that hurt my pocket a bit, but I can’t afford a respec and grind respec cost and extra gold to pay repair bills.
Protection Paladin : Aye, same here, it sucks
Feral Druid : Cheers for letting me tank today lads, Few repair bills, but nothing that bad a little kitty action wont fix.

Next Scenario

Protection Warrior : So, who wants to tank this?
Raid Leader : Let the Warrior Tank
Feral Druid : No Problem, I turn kitty and pew pew some

*Next Boss*

Raid Leader : Some complaints from the healers so druid is gonna tank now (or any suffiecent reason to allow a feral druid to tank)
Protection Warrior : So what do I do then?

if some people are unsure or not familiar with these classes and their abilities I will make some examples of what the feral tree can look like on other classes.
A mage/warlock, having the DPS of a mage/warlock, with the healing ability to sufficiently heal a tank on a raid encounter and replace that healing class.
A healing class, having the healing ability of a healer able to heal on raid encounters, with sufficient DPS to be a significant difference when replacing a DPS class.

Blatently putting it, Fix the feral tree, make it achieve one role only, make them sacrifice what warriors, paladins and every other class mixed with any individual talant tree have to,

If blizzard don’t want to do that, Would it be possible for the developers to share some of these Duel-Role Talant trees with the rest of the classes so we can enjoy filling 2 roles while speccing into one talent tree?
for the balance of this game, please blizzard, some sign that you are looking into this SERIOUS ISSUE and are attempting to fix this problem.

Class as what you want, nerf, buff what ever, I see this as a plea to blizzard.
#127 - Feb. 2, 2007, 1:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blatently putting it, Fix the feral tree

Fix? Sorry, but all I can hear is "waaaah waaah waaaaaah NERF". As a nerf thread this will get locked, since it doesn't add any thing constructive.