Complaint: Bloodfeather realm

#0 - Jan. 11, 2007, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This post was originally made a week ago. It was meant as a constructive complaint about the realm Bloodfeather, who seemed to experience a lot of issues, especially after the release of patch 2.0.3.

Update as of 24th January, 18:10 CET:
Bloodfeather is now lagging beyond recognition. It's impossible to interact with any NPCs at all. People are getting disconnected, and are unable to retrieve their character lists. And yet we finally thought our server was working after 4-5 days without trouble :(

Update as of 18th January, 20:50 CET:]
Bloodfeather just crashed AGAIN! After almost 1½ day of perfect conditions with no noticable lags and no disconnect... This time, we can't even log into our other characters because we simply get a "Error retrieving character list"-message. Too bad for us. Furthermore, it seems that instance servers has been down for some time now.

So how about that free migration?

Update as of 17th January 2007 (man it's good to be OP)
TBC came out monday night, hundreds of players on our beloved realm got it, and started playing. The night before the 16th of January, things were going fine. A little lag now and then, but no big deal. Starting at around 10 o'clock, the 16th, players in Outland aswell as new starting areas experienced the first "World server is down" that took you back to the character selection screen. If you tried to log back in within the next 4-5 minutes, you would still see this error. From then, it just got worse...

Every now and then, players were able to play uninterrupted for a longer period of time (30-45 minutes, even) without lag, disconnects, etc. I filed in a report on the "In-game customer support"-forum at around 14:30 CET, and it seemed the report got forwarded soon thereafter. At least in-game, we experinced the first [SERVER]: Restart in xx:xx-countdown some 15-20 minutes after that. Since then, it only got worse. Disconnects/World server is down/server restarts all the time. For the rest of the day (at least until 23:00 CET when I finally chosed to go to bed), it was impossible to play for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, in Outland or the new starting zones. I spend the "down-time" browsing forums, encouraging people to post constructive comments in this thread, checking other realms, etc.

Now I'm sitting at work, hoping that when I get home, I can finally relax with a nice evening playing one of my all-time favourite games, which I've already invested so much time and money in, I don't even dare to think about it.

So what do you say, Blizzard.. will you let me play? Or will you at least just let me know what's going on?

Original post:
Ever since the new patch 2.0.3 was applied, now more than 24 hours ago, our realm Bloodfeather has not been working properly. We've experienced regular server shutdowns, restarts, and still the realm is not working as it's supposed to - most instances are not working properly, we get "Internal Auction House Errors", all NPCs in Kalimdor are gone, etc...

I think you should consider the possibility of giving players on Bloodfeather a 2-day free migration period. Bloodfeather does have the "Full"-flag at the moment, and if you take a look at our realm forum, you will see that players are becomming increasingly frustrated. Frustrated that we're not being provided with the service that we're paying for, and frustrated that we'll have to do a paid migration, to get away from Bloodfeather - the lost realm...

Edit: I know Blizzard are busy atm, and you are probably too busy to run through every single post made on the various realm forums, so to make things easy for you, I've included this screenshot of the Bloodfeather realm forum. It shouldn't be too hard to tell the players frustration from the thread subjects:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2127/bloodfeatherfc5.jpg

Just my 2 cents.
#115 - Jan. 12, 2007, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have just checked and the issues with Bloodfeather should have been resolved.
#150 - Jan. 16, 2007, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Clearly some issues with this one still. It's been reported.