Blizzard, Please Fix The Warrior Class

#0 - Feb. 20, 2007, 3:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Backround Info:
  • I was Prot tank (warrior) and i tanked in MC, BWL, AQ40 (didn’t kill cthun) and never done Naxx.

• I am now DPS Build since the release of BC patch and i intend to do Normal and Arena PvP .

• Never played any other class seriously beside warrior and I have been playing as warrior ever since when Lightning's Blade Server was released. (1+ year)

• My Concerns:
  • Prot Tanks are out tanked by Druids for obvious reason that i am sure you are aware of. If needed i can explain but i am sure by now there has been 100s of threads around explaining it.

• DPS warriors can not do enough DMG in raids to be really considered as DPS class and are replaced by other classes that can do more DMG.

• So as it stands now; Druids are better tanks and Warrior DPS class is useless for end game raids. There is no 3rd option for us beside DPS or Tank, so please do something to fix the warrior capabilities in raids.

Suggestions:

Reason why Druids are good in tanking is because of high DMG reduction (75%) and High Dodge (60+%). Now Warriors can compensate for the DMG reduction that comes from Armor by the Defensive stance that gives +10% DMG reductions but they can not reach 30+% Dodge & 30+% parry that over all should be equal to that of 60+% dodge of Druids. So please add little more Dodge and Parry % to the warrior tanking gear.
    I am talking about the blue gear that would make us a little less item dependant so we won’t need T5 to be just as good tank as Druid in Blues.

DPS warriors: This one is hard and I can’t come up with any simple ideas to fix the DPS problem but I continue to think of this one and post here on this thread when I figure it out. If any one else reads it and likes to suggest something then feel free to do so please.
    Suggestion from all players is welcomed.

PS: The trinket argument, please don’t even think of it. How is the trinket going to solve the DPS problem in raids? Simply put, it cant and it wont help us one bit in raids.
    #23 - Feb. 20, 2007, 8:26 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Warrior discussions --> Warrior forum

Suggestions --> Suggestions forum

Fits in both? You get to choose!

In any case, keep eye-catchers like "Blizzard" out of the topic.

Closed.