/golfclap to whatever gamemaster...

#0 - March 12, 2007, 11:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
.. who !!%#ed up our guild by splitting it into now 3 separate guilds!

I'm a member in a guild once called Thera-pists (In one word), not TheRa-pists, not Ra-Pists, but Thera-pists. An acknowledged medical profession, also in France afaik.

But apparantly some pervert missread and reported us and, some gamemaster banned our guildmaster for 3 days, booted him off the server (in the middle of an instance) and told him via email that we should think of a new name. He also renamed our guild to Guild of Sabuu. Or well, did an attempt anyway.

First of all half the guild ended up in Guild of Sabuu, the other half were still in Thera-pists. But with no guildmaster, nor could anone be invited to the Guild of Sabuu, (as the guildmaster was suspended) and no one had officer status. Thera-pists had officers, but online members did not show on the guildtab unless kicked from the guild and invited back in.

So far, so good.

We told the gamemaster that we would like to be renamed to Licence Rewoked. And guess what, the same thing happened. Except that now it is our NEW guild who doesnt have a guildmaster.

Good job. Good job indeed.

Do you offer your gamemasters training in messing up this bad?

English is not my native language btw.
#29 - March 12, 2007, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just another thread of pure love, isn't it?

Maybe the choice of the guild name was innocent enough. The double meaning is still there - it's actually quite obvious and well-known, if you ask me. In any case, I don't see that someone would even argue that it's not inappropriate once made aware of the double meaning. "Oh, it's not me thinking dirty, it's the one reading it!" isn't a good excuse at all.

As for the errors resulting from the renaming, that's of course unfortunate. It's nothing we can correct through the forums though. There's WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com for concerns about petition handling.

Thread closed.