Blizz smarter than we think?

#0 - April 11, 2007, 12:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just realised that Blizz may be smarter than many people give them credit for.

One of the Biggest complaints in Vanilla WoW was the lack of content updates for solo/casual players. There were many updates for Raiders (BWL, AQ, Naxx etc.) Maybe blizz realised that their weren't any good alternatives on the market and most casuals would stay. Raiders however NEED new challenges without them they will go to any other game to fix their need for a tough fight.

Now we have just been told that the next patch will have a HUGE amount of new content for solo/casual/5man/25man. What changed? Here is my humble guess Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

While that game might not be as good as WoW. For all those casuals who have completed all the solo content and have done the 5 mans as much as they want, it is an alternative. They have the chance to explore a whole new world. Play new classes, get new gear, new skills, do new instances. Even if its not as good as new WoW, it might be better than doing the same thing in WoW you have already done a million times.

So, Blizz launches a New content patch packed with new rep grinds, mini bosses, quests, and gear to grind. They seem to be planning a launch of the update in the next month or so. Well LOTRO comes out in 2 weeks.

Pretty smart Blizz. Might keep a few of the people who were going to go explore Middle Earth in Outlands for a few more months.

What do you think?
#1 - April 11, 2007, 12:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think that we have said a few times already that we will add more casual content, and this only shows that we listen to the players ;)

It probably just takes a bit more time for changes to get implemented than you players expect.
#3 - April 11, 2007, 12:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What about the nerf warlock thing then ;)

Yeah, what about it?
#11 - April 11, 2007, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Depends from what angle you're looking at it.

It took 2 years to implement Totemic Recall for Shammies, something that would have taken a normal coder less than 5 minutes to implement - it wasn't until shamans were available to alliance that it was actually put into the game.. typical Alliance favoritism I guess - more players, more favours ..

Uh, well... Totemic Call didn't get implemented because we have alliance shamans, it got implemented because you players asked for it and because it is an awesome feature.
#15 - April 11, 2007, 1:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
On topic, I think a multi-million (perhaps even billion) pound company is a lot smarter than most people seem to think from these forums. 8.5 million subscribers at £ 9 per month = circa £ 100 million per year.........an awful lot of money.

I think you forget that it's not all about money, we are also gamers who like awesome games...

Don't get me wrong, of course Blizzard is a company that has to adapt to the economic conditions of the society, but apart from that we are a company that is really enthusiastic about what we're doing. We love to play, and want to make a game that other people love to play as well.
#27 - April 11, 2007, 1:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
funny, you haven't implemented Hairdresser feature yet, haven't fixed a 2 year old Paladin bug im sick of reporting, haven't fixed Showdown quest, haven't fixed the graveyard spawn in blade edge's.

Yet you ignore all the changes we do.
#45 - April 11, 2007, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ommra, just ignore the guy who tried to flame blizzard for the changes they haven't implimented (yet). To be honest, i played this mage from the start of wow, been playing it casual, as you can see im (only) level 63, but i experienced all the nerfs/ buffs you gave the class; to be honest it was goddamn entertaining! Mage is like a nuke bomb, but now it has alot more survivability because you buffed the frost-talents etc. I think you guys are doing a good job, and you should keep up the work, just ignore whining flamers and enjoy the weather ;-)

Yours,
Boneash

Thanks for the reminder ;)