Blizzard stop ignore the players (New Realms)

#0 - May 3, 2007, 1:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alot of people want a new realm and we never get any answer.
sure there are some recomended realms but it is really no fun to start a new character
when people are level 70 , raiding and have epix and know eachother because if i make
a character im never ever gonna play in some good guild and i cant do quests or play
for fun with anyone .. maybe some newcomer or retard thats just behind everyone !

So tell me , do all of us that want a new realm have to either play the level 70 character
we wanna reroll from , should we just delete the game or can you just combine all crappy
low pop realms together and restart some of the one that becomes 100% empty when you
combine like 8 low pop realms ??

Try to anser blizzard you cant ignore the players ...
We PAY for gaming , servers , support and service but we only get the gaming.
Come on blizz just answer this simple question !!

And the people that dont want a new server because you play on some nice
realm with funny people , you dont have to complain on this thread !
#9 - May 3, 2007, 1:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thundgot once posted the following statement regarding the topic of opening new realms, and it is as valid today as it was when it was posted a while back last year:
Q u o t e:
Opening new realms is based on population on existing realms and expected population increase in the time ahead. We aim for a thriving population on all realms, adjusting this with migration and the Recommended tags. As long as the majority of the fairly new realms of a given type has the Recommended tag we generally do not consider opening new realms of the type.

Opening new realms is not based on whether we expect a new realm to fill up quickly, i.e. "popular request" is not considered a main argument for opening new realms.
Additionally, the argument of "ganking" making older PvP realms being unsuitable for starting new characters is not weighted heavily. This is the nature of any realm with a PvP ruleset, including any "fresh" realm within a month. If this was to be a factor in considering new realms we would need to open PvP realms every month resulting in a large number of very empty realms. And opening new realms then merging low populated ones in a never-ending cycle is not considered a good solution to a problem that can be avoided altogether.

Basically what this means is that new realms will be opened when they are needed.
#26 - May 3, 2007, 2:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am aware that this is a hot topic for many, but please keep the discussion civil nonetheless. There is no reason to derail this thread into a flamefest.
#32 - May 3, 2007, 2:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Here's a suggestion. You have a community of people waiting avidly for a new realm to be set up. Why don't you, as a community, reroll on one of the recommended realms.

Handy list of them, constantly updated: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701107

Decide amongst yourselves and join it together. If there are as many people waiting as you say there are, this should get it out of the recommended list and work just as well as a new realm would. Even better maybe.

I was about to post this myself, so thank you for saving me a little time :-)
#35 - May 3, 2007, 2:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
/sign
give us a new realm, and merge the ghostones

Opening new realms then merging low populated ones in a never-ending cycle is not considered a good solution to a problem that can be avoided altogether.
#52 - May 3, 2007, 2:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Seriously? I POSTED 100 reasons why not and u say that? please read my post. and i know everyone els thinks the same.

I read what you said indeed and I do understand why it is you and others find that starting fresh on a new realm would be ace, however we simply cannot open new realms whenever a small group of people prefer to start on a fresh realm instead of rolling on one of the recommended realms. If we opened new realms every time a group of players requested it, then we would get many very empty realms after a while, which is something that we wish to avoid as much as possible. New realms are opened only when we have a thriving population on the existing realms.

I read your post and I would kindly ask you to do me the same courtesy and read the quoted part of my first post in this thread:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=285221537&pageNo=1&sid=1#9
#72 - May 3, 2007, 2:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There was a post a few weeks ago, saying that it would be smart to join a low population realm with a whole group of players. This way people could get groups quest help etc.

If I would really reroll I would do that too, new realms are never better then exisiting slightly older realms. As a prime example: Lighbringer, my current realm. It needs a lot more horde players is recommended and the economy is still good. If you really want to reroll join LB horde with a whole load of like minded, realm seeking players.

Is it this thread you were thinking about by any chance? :-)
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=284408458&postId=2841029044&sid=1
#80 - May 3, 2007, 2:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just another reminder to keep the discussion civil. I see too many people inhere resort to name-calling and insulting each other, which is not acceptable. If this kind of behaviour doesn't stop right now, then we will lock this thread and give forum suspensions to those people who fail to keep their heads cold before hitting the reply button!