Good for Tseric

#0 - May 14, 2007, 12:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You know, I admire the man, I really do.

Given the never-ending, childish, ill-considered, opinionated bilge that's thrown at him from the Shaman community (sic) and others I loved his replies in the recent threads.

If the retards posting the cr@p to which he's responded had a brain among them they'd realise just what utter nonsense they're spouting, but instead they glory in their self-righteous indignation.

GG Tseric, keep it up.
#36 - May 14, 2007, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Online forums are hell on earth and tseric and the rest of the cms should get double what theyre paid right now. I can barely manage to read this forum more than 30 minutes a day before my trust in humanity drops and i expect the world to end tomorrow. These people have to read it every day, all the time. If tseric get anything but praise from blizzard they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ooh double pay, yes please! ;)

To be honest though, I think that there sometimes is a bit too much negativism regarding the state of the forums. Yes there are trolls (it is an Internet medium after all, we all knows what anonymity and Internet does with people) but there are also a lot of constructive threads out there. And fear not, we CM's are pretty good at simply moderating the worst troll attempts, and skip them mentally to instead read what really matters.

There are a lot of times I read a post when I feel like "hey, this person actually wants to make things better, he/she has put time and effort into this because this game means a lot to him/her". It's important to remember these moments when the flaming and trolling starts getting to you. Because in all fairness, it can be a bit too much sometimes. It can be annoying to have to deal with petty flame wars since it takes time from more important stuff, so less trolling would be desirable of course…

Q u o t e:
I hope that Blizzard will keep these forums as a place for constructive criticism.

And that we as players, even if we disagree with the decisions that Blizzard makes, can be polite about it.

That would be nice, and we are trying to moderate the forum to make it more open to a bigger number of people than just the ones with the loudest and angriest voices.

Just my 2 coppers.
#56 - May 14, 2007, 2:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If the forums are hostile then the only people who can be blamed for this are the CM's. They are the only ones who have the power to moderate and set standards of behaviour and communication.

If the CM's want respect then they will need to command respect through publically observable actions. That means strictly imposing the forum guidelines on a consistent basis, catching unconstructive or aggresive posts/people and informing them in the thread that their behaviour is unacceptable, giving out warning and punishments publically where all visitors can see them.... and so on. Only by setting examples and reinforcing the boundaries, on a consistent basis, will a mature and reasonable environment be nurtured.

Yes, this may mean the CM's being draconion at times, but I'd much rather have that then the hostile, purile and aggresive environment that these forums can sometimes become.

I agree on the moderation part, but I do think that people posting have a responsibility too.
#65 - May 14, 2007, 3:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Strictly, we don't. We are in no way accountable for what we write here (under the current conditions of course). Then again, Blizzard is in no way obliged to dissipate any information concerning game balance, patches, changes or whatever. So in that respect, a little respect goes a long way, I guess.

I mean responsibility as in being polite and showing respect towards other people.

I wouldn't yell at the dentist for example, even though it hurts – because I know that he/she is doing the job required. I wouldn't be snotty towards a shop assistant either.

But people are different, and unfortunately some people feel the need to be rude whenever they don't get exactly what they want.

(I am speaking in general terms here, got a bit off-topic I think... >.<)