Does a forum ban ban you from play?

#0 - May 23, 2007, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Obviously this is testable, but I was just wondering seeing as it has suddenly become relevant.
#6 - May 23, 2007, 4:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Indeed. Feel free to be a complete ass on the forums, and you can still play the game! I think that's what most people around here do anyway.

You made it to my list...
#17 - May 23, 2007, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
blizzard and their fanbois allways claim that we customers are not entitled to any rights on this forums... this is why so often ppl. gets banned for "nearly nothing" because some CM didnt have his coffee that morning or is just on a powertrip. thx that the forum account is "suposedly" not bound to your game account, which is what you pay for.

We don't ban people for nothing, we ban people because they violate the forum Codes of Conduct. You can read them here:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701098&sid=1
#20 - May 23, 2007, 5:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
code of conduct? you are telling your customers how they have to conduct AND you take away their freedom of speech?

i thought YOU are the company and WE the paying customers... and what about the phrase "the customer is allways right"?

what are you gonna do when ppl. calls your hotlines (which from many countries are free to call) and starts complaining or even insulting... is there a code of conduct too? are you gonna ban them from the phone line (and how?) or will they just say "bye" and hang up?

if your phone support would show half the bad attitude the CMs have on this forums, you would have plenty of ppl. sueing you allready, as phone support falls under a cathegory of obligatory customer support and has a whole bunch of laws bond to it... i wish support forums had half that laws... but then, year 2007 and lawyers don't even know the internet is yet... blackholes everywhere in every country.

You're an aggressive one, aren't you?

Of course we can have rules of how to behave on the forums, I can't see how that is such a big thing. We don't want people to spam, be racist, call others morons or retards for example.

If you think we have bad attitude you are more than welcome to send a complaint using this webform:
https://www.wow-europe.com/community/webform/index.html
#77 - May 24, 2007, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

what are you gonna do when ppl. calls your hotlines (which from many countries are free to call) and starts complaining or even insulting... is there a code of conduct too? are you gonna ban them from the phone line (and how?) or will they just say "bye" and hang up?

if your phone support would show half the bad attitude the CMs have on this forums, you would have plenty of ppl. sueing you allready, as phone support falls under a cathegory of obligatory customer support and has a whole bunch of laws bond to it... i wish support forums had half that laws... but then, year 2007 and lawyers don't even know the internet is yet... blackholes everywhere in every country.

So you are actually saying that when you call a hotline you feel you have the right to scream and spout abuse at the person on the other end of the line if you think it's called for? And you actually think companies allow this kind of behaviour?
Then obviously you have NEVER set foot in any building where people do this work... Any company worth its salt has a policy that if a person gets abusive on the phone, one will generally ask the person to calm down and after several repeated attempts to ask the person to stop being abusive, yelling, etc. it is commonly warranted to hang up.
When you get abusive and unreasonable you lose your right to be on the other end of MY phoneline.
#102 - May 24, 2007, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I won't comment on specific suspensions I'd like to point out that past offenses normally have great impact on suspensions. Somebody who have been a bad boy (or girl) before are likely to get longer suspensions, or even permanent bans, if they violate the guidelines again (and again, and again...). In such cases that particular suspension seen alone may naturally seem harsh, but there's a reason for it.
#103 - May 24, 2007, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh really?

I got banned for 7 days for "starting a petition to get a Blizzard employee fired". Even though that was not what I did (asking for a resignation is not the same as starting a petition to get someone fired), such an action is not against the forum Codes of Conduct in any way.

"I believe he should either resign or be fired.

If you share this belief, put it in your signature."

Your exact words. I see "fired" there. Don't you?

And I think campaigning to have a Blizzard employee resign or fired is very much trolling, even harassment, and thus against the guidelines. Case closed.

Edit: actually, let's say "thread closed" too. The original question was answered, we've commented on some general moderation and guidelines topics, and this is not a suitable place to discuss specific suspensions.