Expansion hidden areas (proof!)

#0 - June 13, 2007, 9:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Nicked from the US forums

We've all heard the rumors. "Northrend will be the next expansion because it's been said that you would have to be at least level 80 to face him. We are able to reach 70 with TBC, so the next will let us reach 80".

Sorry to disappoint all of you who believe that the rumor is true. It is not...

After doing extensive browsing through the game files (studying the .m2 models etc), and piecing together hints and clues left for us in quest text. I've come to the conclusion that Kezan (Undermine) / The South Seas will be the focus of the next expansion. It is also possible that the Maelstrom will be accessible... though I haven't found anything good to go on to confirm it.

I have complied this video to share my finding with you all.
As you watch, please pay special attention to names of the files I show you at 1:32. ( The flags are a HUGE hint, as are the names of the new boat files)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6O9VebpSmI
(High Quality WCM link soon... just waiting for approval... I'll also upload to stage6 upon request)

Another big clue (that i didn't include in the video) can be found in the World of Warcraft Behind the Scenes DVD. In one particular "scene", you can clearly see a drawn out map of Kezan's surface, complete with flight paths and boat routes to different areas. There is also a Flight Path to Northrend shown.. However, considering the sheer size of the south seas and Kezan.. as well as the Maelstrom (if it is included), It'd be completely rational to think that Northrend will be saved for a future expansion after Kezan is released. A link to the image can be found here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Undermine.jpg

There are some subtle hints in quest text (also shown in the video) the lead me to believe that the Goblin's will be a playable race. Alliance? Horde? I can't say for sure.. It is, however, my theory that both sides will be able to play as a goblin. It wouldn't be too far fetched to have a city in which both factions can dwell and have leaders. I feel that goblins will be broken up into four "sides".

Alliance Goblins (playable race)
Horde Goblins (playable race)
Nuetral Goblins (NPC only)
"Pirate" Goblins (NPC/MOBs who attack both playable factions)

As I've said... that part is purely speculation. I am, however, 100% sure that (based on the game files and text I found) The South Seas and Kezan will be in the next expansion.. rather than Northrend.

I am trying to find other hints that will confirm this... If I find anythng else, I will let you all know...

Gah! Either way I will post them on my website.
#23 - June 13, 2007, 10:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I vote that these rickrolls also become a bananble offense.

No need for voting because rickrolls and rickroll variations are already bannable offences.

Q u o t e:
Alltho i do love that vid :P

Brian is cool indeed :-)