28/05 Collector's Edition pet

#0 - May 28, 2007, 11:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Moving to a new thread to get a better overview of remaining cases and current status on the CE pet matter.

If you have followed the procedure given (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm) but the account has not been upgraded to Collector's Edition status, please contact our Account and Billing department (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html) to check whether we have received it but there was something missing in your letter.

The FAQ

What do I need to do to redeem my Collector’s Edition pet?
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm

Why did you choose this solution to the issue?
This solution was chosen after careful and thorough consideration of a number of options. We wanted to ensure that the pet remains exclusive to those people who bought the Collector’s Edition and to treat everyone as equally as possible with a unified process.

Is there an alternative to this solution, such as through my retailer?
No, the only way to acquire the Netherwhelp pet is by following the steps detailed on the website. http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm

Why was this solution chosen above going back to retail?
Initially, we thought we might be able to distribute codes to players through the retailers so we contacted them to discuss this possibility, which is why some discussions have appeared on the forums about this potential solution. Although many retailers were able to manage the logistics that this process would have involved, there were many that could not. In addition, we were concerned that, due to the complicated process, the codes could have been distributed to non Collector's Edition owners, thus breaking their exclusivity. The best solution that we found to ensure that Collector's Edition owners received the pet, was to require a European proof of purchase and a low value item that was exclusive to the the box.

My friends and I have purchased our boxes together with the same receipt, or simply just want to save costs (for e.g. a registered mail). Can we send the required information for each of us in one collective letter?
Yes, this will be possible, but please make absolutely sure the correct number of cards and bar codes or copies of proof of purchase are included. If there are too few, we might not be able to activate the pet on any of the accounts.

Where can I find the Collector Reference Card and bar code that I need to send by post?
Rest assured that you will not need to cut the Collector’s Edition box itself.
The Collector Reference Card can be found inside the pack of World of Warcraft exclusive trading cards. This particular card is a reference card only and is not a part of the game.
The bar code can be found on the content description sheet which is placed between the back of the Collector’s Edition box and the plastic wrapping.

Is there any alternative to sending you the Collector Reference Card?
While we understand that parting with this card is not preferable to all Collector’s Edition owners, it has been chosen because it is an advertising card and therefore not integral to the game. Unfortunately, there is no alternative to sending in this card.

Can I send the requested content in a registered letter?
Yes, we will collect and sign for the letters from those who wish this extra level of security. However we would advise that you send the items by regular post.

Will the items be returned to me?
No, unfortunately we are unable to return the items. Thus we have chosen items that are not an integral part of the Collector’s Edition.

I have lost the content description sheet. What can I do?
If you have lost the content description sheet, you can send a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase instead.

Was the February 28th deadline a final one?
No, the February 28th deadline was not absolute.

How will I be able to activate my pet?
Upon receiving the requested items we will activate the pet on your account. No further action is required on your part.

How long will it take to get the pet once I have sent off the mail?
Once we have received your items we will activate your pet as soon as possible. The first pets will be activated by the end of this week.

Will I receive any compensation for having to follow this process?
We appreciate the inconvenience caused by having to follow this process. We are offering an additional exclusive pet (a white ‘Lurky’ baby murloc) and two days game time credit as a compensation for this.

Which characters will get the Netherwhelp and Lurky?
All characters on the account at the time of the upgrade, or created after that time, will receive both pets. Characters migrated (through PCT) to the account after the upgrade will not receive the pets.

Who/what is Lurky?
Lurky is a unique white murloc pet that only European players who bought the Collector Edition box will receive. There is no other way for European players to receive this pet.

Edit: Following questions added 19/1:
Will I get a notification that the mail arrived?
Once the pet is activated we will send an e-mail to the address registered to the account it is activated on.

What if I don't have a printer?
As explained on the web page, you can write down your account name and e-mail on a sheet of paper.

For the previous thread, follow this link: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=125012655
#3 - May 28, 2007, 11:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Good stuff to know ;) but did you use necromancy on the old thread? :o

It was sticky. ;)
Please keep this on topic though.

Thanks.
#10 - May 28, 2007, 12:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have a problem. I keep getting emails from blizzard that I have to collect my pet by updating my account to Burning crusade.
First of all, I haven't even bought the Collector's edition. And secondly, I already upgraded my account when I installed TBC on it's release date...-.-
How can I prevent blizz from sending those emails? :)

Sounds strange. I'd definitely do as was suggested; contact Account and Billing about it.

Q u o t e:
So, since Thundie is replying here I might ask a question.

Should I send yet another email to WoWbillingsupportEU@blizzard.com? I sent last email one at 2nd May 2007 and I haven't received any response yet. I sent my envelope at 6th February 2007.

So, should I wait more or send another email? To be honest, I'm getting a bit annoyed about this already :/

I checked and saw that you already resent it today. Hopefully it can get sorted quickly.
#12 - May 28, 2007, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So I am asking once again, Thundgot: What is being done for those of us that refuse to part with items we have paid for and own, in order to get the ingame pet that we have paid for and own? I still refuse to part with my property to get my property and even if I didn't, I would not want to pay twice for the same thing. Twice, not double. Cost of mail is far less than that of a new box, I know.

I have addressed that before, and the answer is as it was then (and is in the FAQ); there's no other option for getting the pet(s) but to follow the procedure we've set up.

Yes, I know you don't like it. Yes, I know you want a different answer. Unfortunately I can't make it - or tell you - any different, regardless of how many times it's brought up. Sorry. :-/
#16 - May 29, 2007, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
as I write this post I still have neither my Lurky or Netherwhelp... I've tried phoning the account department 2 more times, but they say its out of there hands now and I need to send a letter to the collection place in France, but Im not sure, I mean... I want my whelp, its the whole reason I bought the collectors, but I feel like Im going in circles here... if I send a letter to them, how can they help? I have no proof short of sending them the box... everything they wanted I sent them and they say it never arrived...

I understand your scepticism, but I can only advice you to send a letter to the address our Account and Billing department gave you. I believe they should be able to assist you.

Q u o t e:
Over 4 months now & still no pet, tho I got my 2 days activated, would be nice if you can check Thundgot where did it stuck then? As those two days are now activated for over a month.

Another thing I'm curious is, if i recieve my pets one day & after that I make new charachter, will I be able to get pets over a quest like for a original CE or I'll have to cry to Account & Billing team every time I make new char.? Thx!

The two days you received on your account in April are added game time credit due to a technical issue some time back, and not related to the CE pets. I couldn't locate mails between you and Account and Billing in the system (then again, my search skills in the tool are mediocre at best), but they should be able to tell you the status and what to do next.

CE pets are mailed (in-game) to all existing character upon activation, and to all new characters upon creation.
#18 - May 29, 2007, 1:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Sent my stuff in around the 12th of februari (not at home, can't check the date :/ ) got a "more information needed" reply on the 16th. Since then I've sent three mails to account and billing via the webform wondering what is missing - i did send my reference card, a copy of my receipt and a printout of my account management page (obviously you got that part since the I got the mail). I still haven't got a reply.

So, what is missing?

I looked up the e-mails and it appears you received a reply just before noon today. (Timing FTW.) Please check that one, and hopefully this will be sorted out quickly.
#30 - June 5, 2007, 10:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have sent all stuff required on 3th of may (it might be 4th or 5th, cant remember now). I haven't received my pet yet and I seriously doubt that I missed anything. I have just sent another email.

Will I ever get my pets? ;/

I checked and saw you received a response to that e-mail on the 31st. Hopefully it got sorted out or will be soon.

Q u o t e:
I still haven't received mine Thund. Should I contact Billing Team for the tenth time?

Q u o t e:
What happen if my mail was lost in the way from Italy to France?
I sent all the stuff on the 29th of Jan by normal mail, but i still haven't received anything.
Can I send the content sheet from which i cut the bar code and the proof of purchase?

To both the above: Checking the last reply I could find on your cases, sent May 10th, I would suggest either contacting Account and Billing again to see whether they've received new information, or send Custom Promo another letter explaining the situation.

Q u o t e:
Hi there.I've posted quite a few times before on old threads but here goes.

Basically it's my wife who hasn't yet received her pets even though she sent her stuff the day before I did (I got mine 10 days after I sent mine back in mid-February). She sent numerous webform mails and called Account & Billing several times. The last time she was advised there was a good chance her stuff was lost in the post but that at some time in the future something would be put in place to sort all remaining folks who had sent stuff but had got lost in the post. What I'm wondering is , is something now in place and are Account & Billing now dealing with folks who's stuff was lost in the post?

A couple of folks on this new thread say they called Account & Billing and they got it sorted , can any of them tell me if they had previously been told their stuff had been lost?

I can't answer for others in that situation, but I would definitely suggest contacting Account and Billing to see whether they can help you out.

Q u o t e:
/sigh

And what about those of use who did what was asked and sent our stuff off and have been kept waiting for so long that we don't actually have any confidence that Blizzard is going to send us our pets, despite us following their instruction to the letter? Is it even worth phoning up/e-mailing on the off-chance that they're still pretending to care at this point?

I can assure you we care very much about making sure everybody receive their CE pets. I couldn't locate any e-mails on your case, but I can only search on your account address and I'm not 100% familiar with all the intricate search mechanics. Sending Account and Billing an e-mail, or calling them, should hopefully bring you closer to getting the pets.

Q u o t e:
Well I've maile din my original stuff months ago. They lost it?

Sent several tickets. No response to one of them and the other was a lie.

Also phoned and was told that they'd be doing a global update via a database of people who'd bought the CE box. Yeah that happened.

So - be honest - where are the pets?

You should have received a response to your e-mail yesterday. I hope it'll get sorted out quickly.
#33 - June 6, 2007, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ok thank you Thundgot for replying. What is the e-mail/number I should contact?

You can find the phone numbers and web form here: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html
#84 - July 9, 2007, 12:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Same here, but still not recieve anything.
I'll wait this week and then I'll call again...

Neverending story

I hope that has been worked out by now. If not, please do give them another call.

Q u o t e:
Is it still possible to mail these items to blizzard HQ at this time?
I received my copy a lot later because the post office made an error. (I bought my copy online)

Yes, you can still send in the items to get your pet.

Unsticking and locking this one now, as it seems there are only a very few cases left. If you have yet to receive your pet, please follow the procedure in the first post, and contact our Billing department should you have any questions.

Thank you.