Who was wrong, who was childish ?

#0 - July 19, 2007, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post

This story is true, it just happened and i´d like to know your opinion.

3 days ago i was one of the DPSers in Gruul. But after a few whipes our GM decided
that we needed one more healer. I switched my spot for the healer and joined a WSG.
After a while, an officer came online and made a "picture" of a cow in the guildchatt.
Since i got a pretty wide sence of humour and a quick mind, i made joke "your mom ?" about
the cow to the officer... imo it was just a joke and i didnt think more of it.

After a few seconds in the WSG i noticed that this officer gkicked me, without asking for
an apologi or explaining why. So i spoke to the GM, asking why i was kicked. The GM
said that the officer took an offense in my joke, so i should talk to him and apologise.

I did like the GM said, convoed the officer to apologise for the joke, but he was afk already.
So i waited a while and keept trying, but he logged. 1 day later i noticed the same officer online
so i tried again, only , this time he had put me on /ignore.

I spoke again to the GM, that i had tried to apologise but the officer had put me on ignore.
So he suggested that i try talk to him on one of my alts, which i did ofcourse.

I finally got through to the officer and apologised to him, and said that i had no idéa that
he would be so offended by my joke. I expected an oficer to be more mature about it.
He then replied that my joke was totally of limits and he had been humiliated infront of
the whole guild, and he didnt want to talk to me again.

I then spoke to the GM and explained the situation. He said he would try to talk to the officer
and see if he could sort it out. I was hoping to get back in, and that this officer would cool down
and accept my apologie.

Today i spoke to the GM and another guildm8, and they both agreed with the officer that
my joke was way out of line, i had insulted an officer infront of the whole guild and i deserved
an emidiate guildkick.

I was shocked. Here i was , making pots for free for my guildm8s, always making sure everyone
had pots for raids, selling flasks for way below current marketprice. Always helping my guildm8s
to boost their alts in quests and instances. And now i got kicked because of 2 words, which i
tried to apologise for.

So after thinking a while. I decided they could all go screw themselves. They didnt deserve
a member like me in the fachist guild run like a dictatorship, with guildmembers who did not
try to help a guildmember wrongfully kicked (imo).

OK.... I wasnt the perfect member always. I whined about about the imbalance and the geardependence
among warriors. I got a RL so i could not join all the raids. But i always did my best helping the guild.

So now im out there alone. Playing with some REAL friends who understand the diffrense between
a joke and an insult. My formers guild can FO imo... You can go buy your damn pots @ AH prices.

#168 - July 20, 2007, 11:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Seems both sides and plenty of others have had their say, and I'll risk a guess people won't be agreeing and shaking hands over it anyway, so I hereby close the thread.

I hear there's a nice new soap opera on this weekend though. ;)