GMs = Useless

#0 - Aug. 16, 2007, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm seriously considering leaving this game for good after tonight.

The full story:

I'm trying to get a pair of Battlecast pants crafted, I gather up the mats. I don't personally know anyone that can craft these so I do the logical thing and look for someone who can. After the inevitable level 14 warlock that claims he can make them I find someone who SEEMS like they actually can. They're level 70, have a nether and tailoring gear made by themselves. So I give him the cloth and he starts making bolts while I sort out the rest of the mats. I give him the rest of the stuff and he goes down to the mana loom in lower city and makes all the imbued netherweave... and then disconnects.

I wait about 5 minutes before thinking !!!* he's not coming back and so I open up a GM ticket. I stay reletively calm thinking a GM will sort this all out. Turns out no, they can't. They can't do a thing about it. Here's what happened:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/lex24/argh.PNG

Now see I know this should be a VERY simple matter to solve but what I don't know is why it isn't. I know for a fact that everything in MMO's is logged, it's standard practice to log chats, trades, whatever. So logically it should be a simple matter for the GM to see exactly what happened and return the items to their rightful owner. But it's not Blizzard policy to do this. It's not Blizzard policy to help a distressed player get back what is rightfully theirs. It's not Blizzard policy to do what they have the ability to do and fix the problem. It IS Blizzard policy to let a scammer get away with 1000G worth of mats. It IS Blizzard policy to tell the player there's nothing that can be done when there is OBVIOUSLY stuff that can be done. It IS Blizzard policy only to investigate and never take any action that will resolve the problem for the player.

It seems to me that Blizzard policy is to put customer satisfaction last and drive a customer that's been playing since the beta away from the game permanantly unless god forbid they change their minds and actually do something about this.

What I'm most disappointed in is the lack of even a customer support phone line, all there is for in game issues is GM tickets. I'd much prefer something tangible in dealing with this issue where I can speak to someone else if the person I'm talking to can't solve my problem when they blatently can.
#78 - Aug. 16, 2007, 12:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you don't agree with a policy feel free to discuss it. Your subject isn't friendly and just attention seeking.
Our GMs do good work, no need to slam them on a public forum.