Wat OS are you running to play WoW ?

#0 - April 25, 2007, 9:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just wondering, im running it on windows vista ultimate. Goes perfectly , no errors or anything like that.

What about you guys (and girls ; ) ?
#1 - April 25, 2007, 9:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Vista, works like a charm for me too :)
#13 - April 25, 2007, 9:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

On Nvidia? :)

Wish i was that lucky .... In driver patch notes: Under Investigation: Low Framerates in World of Warcraft.

Oooh, that explains a couple of things... I have this bad habit of stuffing Windows with trials and demos, thought that was causing the slightly lower frame rate. Thanks for the heads up :)
#17 - April 25, 2007, 10:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/158.18/158.18_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf
Page 21: World of Warcraft has low frame rates.[289014]

Maybe you can give 'em a rattle. :) Seems to be affecting 7xxx series mostly. :D

Yeah thanks. Guess what series I'm using :/

I would, but whenever I see tech issues on the non-tech forums and bring them up to the tech guys, I get the "yep, we know, already in the system, welcome to last week". But in a very nice way :)
#22 - April 25, 2007, 10:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm still running WoW in WinXP myself because I think it is still a little too early to switch to Vista just yet. However I was thinking of switching to Ubuntu Linux instead of Vista though, because I think it is a pretty nice, clean and easy to use OS. I have tried to play WoW through Wine on an Ubuntu machine and I must say that it ran pretty smooth (I used to be a SUSE Linux fan, but I must say that I kinda like Ubuntu better now) :-)
#39 - April 25, 2007, 11:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Tried Ubuntu, DL, burn, boot, start setup, 20 second wait, infinite nothingness..tried a couple of times, then gave up..
#68 - April 25, 2007, 1:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What gfxcard do you have?
Ubuntu + Ati = :'( Didn't run smooth at all.

The computer I was playing on had a Geforce 7900GT in it.
#71 - April 25, 2007, 1:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Only thing I dislike about Linux, the total mess you can make of things if you don't really know what you're doing :P

True... I dislike that part as well :-)
#75 - April 25, 2007, 2:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
XP pro, i get blue screen error, and some ather errors allot and i dont know when its "safe" or not to play so i stoped my account, but, woo hoo i can chat in the forums untill 11 may! or mai how ever its spelld

It might be a good idea to read and note down what the blue screen error message actually says, and then google it afterwards to find out what the problem is and how to solve it. Additionally, if you know what the blue screen error message says, you could try to contact our technical support team who then might be able to help you with your problem. Just a suggestion of course :-)