‘When it’s done’ just does not cut it

#0 - Sept. 4, 2007, 1:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have had one patch to change content since TBC, if I am correct, and that contained the black temple which should have been in TBC.

Stop defending blizzard with the ‘when it’s done’ rubbish, they are taking their time to iron out all the bugs, what total bull. When they release 2.2 it will still be full of bugs and a voice chat system that doesn’t work properly or keeps crashing the game, a voice chat system that few really care about or will use.

The 2.2 patch is well overdue and should have been released, and those who say “don’t worry we will get 2.3 straight after,” well don’t hold your breath.

Blizzard may think that they can treat the gaming community, who pay them to play, like idiots; your monopoly on the online community is fast running out of road, and the ‘when it’s done’ line is not kidding anyone. In the last 9 months you have slacked off on service and content and general problem solving, and its time you realised that if you continue down this road, people will leave.

This game is loosing customers in the USA and Europe, (This is simply obvious to even the dumbest of people) and if you continue to treat your customers in this way, the drip will become a major bleed. While you have made your money with wow, this will affect how people perceive your company in future games.

And somebody please tell me how many games Jeff Kaplan was involved in releasing before Wow, as it strikes me as he has no vision or path in which this game is going, Blizzard, at the moment, seem to be pulling ideas out of the air and throwing them together to suit the way the wind is blowing, sort it out people.
#34 - Sept. 4, 2007, 1:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
We have had one patch to change content since TBC, if I am correct, and that contained the black temple which should have been in TBC.

Stop defending blizzard with the ‘when it’s done’ rubbish, they are taking their time to iron out all the bugs, what total bull. When they release 2.2 it will still be full of bugs and a voice chat system that doesn’t work properly or keeps crashing the game, a voice chat system that few really care about or will use.

The 2.2 patch is well overdue and should have been released, and those who say “don’t worry we will get 2.3 straight after,” well don’t hold your breath.

Blizzard may think that they can treat the gaming community, who pay them to play, like idiots; your monopoly on the online community is fast running out of road, and the ‘when it’s done’ line is not kidding anyone. In the last 9 months you have slacked off on service and content and general problem solving, and its time you realised that if you continue down this road, people will leave.

This game is loosing customers in the USA and Europe, (This is simply obvious to even the dumbest of people) and if you continue to treat your customers in this way, the drip will become a major bleed. While you have made your money with wow, this will affect how people perceive your company in future games.

And somebody please tell me how many games Jeff Kaplan was involved in releasing before Wow, as it strikes me as he has no vision or path in which this game is going, Blizzard, at the moment, seem to be pulling ideas out of the air and throwing them together to suit the way the wind is blowing, sort it out people.

While the discussion of priorities and patch frequency is natural in such a huge and diverse community, and one we welcome people to share their thoughts on, I think you're going about it the completely wrong way here.

You're basically starting off with telling people who don't agree with you to simply change their opinion. Not a very helpful approach to have them do so. You continue by making a claim about WoW's customer numbers which you have no other basis for than (at best) guesswork and ill-informed and badly drawn conclusions. You also call those disagreeing with that part "dumb", bringing the thread completely off the constructive path in your very opening post.

And to round it off you make it a personal issue with Jeff Kaplan, (presumably) having no actual knowledge of his work and going by hearsay and grasping onto the idea that someone not being credited on other development projects in the past makes them a bad developer.

All in all, a rant at best. I'll be closing this one, and I hope the above explained thoroughly why. Please take a break, maybe a walk in fresh air and a cold shower, then feel free to try again.

Thank you.