Private servers

#0 - Sept. 4, 2007, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How are you guys and blizzard employments looking at the people that are using private servers. One of my friends at my work are playing wow burning crusade also but than on a private server. They have bought there own server for 35 euro per month. They become admin and Gm. And they are saying it isnt illegal. And i doubt about that,. If you wanna play you need to pay blizzard for that. When the expansion pack will come they will download it and install it and put it on their server.
It is not fair that ppl are using that. if other ppl play for free.
They have got 200 players at this server. Everyone plays for free there.
Is blizzard doing something about that?
And yes im playing like 2 years wow now and i love it.
#25 - Sept. 4, 2007, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.wow-europe.com/legalfaq.html?sid=1

Q u o t e:
Does Blizzard Entertainment® allow or support other Battle.net® like or emulation servers? Can I host one of these rogue servers?
No. Except as set forth in the next paragraph, Blizzard Entertainment® does not support or condone network play of its games anywhere but Battle.net®. Specifically, you may not host or provide matchmaking services for any of our games or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment® in the network feature of its games, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the game(s), use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks without the prior written consent of Blizzard Entertainment®.

And out of context
Q u o t e:
Specifically, you may not host or provide matchmaking services for any of our games or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment