Toons on both sides - is it so weird?

#0 - Sept. 11, 2007, 2:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When chatting with my guildmates or random people, I keep getting appalled reactions every time I happened to mention that I have toons in bot Horde and Alliance.

I was assuming that to be the norm - I mean, wanting to try out everything, to see all the big towns (couldn't really go sightseeing in Undercity as a dwarf, right?) and the starting zones, and trying all the quests in the game.
Of course I can't devote the same amount of time to all my toons, but I'm happy to log in on my Tauren shammy and stroll through Mulgore when I get tired of killing void anomalies in Bloodmyst with my Drenei pally, ot to go shooting some zombie arse in Duskwood when I'm sick of seeing an imp following me everywhere, and would rather be bossing around a living animal instead.

What's up with that, people? There's a whole world to explore, why should one limit him/herself to only one half of it? I don't PVP anyway, so it's not like I'm tipping the faction balance or anything - only when i play gnome I do gnome quests and roleplay accordingly, and while playing blood elf I do blood elf quests and roleplay that way.
It's like, you know, when I play chess I will sometimes get to keep the white pieces and sometime the black ones; I'll do my best with whatever I'm playing at the moment.

Every toon of mine (4 Alliance, 4 Horde) has a different class-race-professions mix. Is that really so weird in your experience?
#22 - Sept. 11, 2007, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are always some people, who are more "dedicated" towards a specific faction in games, which I guess is a quite normal thing. It is human nature to be competitive and to form groups and communities, so it is only natural to choose sides in order to more easily draw a distinction between you and others as well as friend and foe.

But some people are open minded and some are not, and that is often the sole reason why you meet this kind of behaviour in-game and on the forums. I believe that most people have characters of both factions in WoW, which is nothing to be ashamed about.

My recommendation is to try not to listen too much to those people who fanatically make an issue out of belonging to one side and are calling everyone with characters on both sides for traitors, because it is them and not you who are missing out on things!