"Discussion": Remove P2P software from WoW

#0 - Sept. 21, 2007, 12:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Title doesn't explain much so sorry about that. But I'm trying (maybe in vein) to bring to the attention of Blizz the amount of people who get affected by the fact that the game uses P2P software to share information with users.

All of my guild, and another one of my friends guilds who consist mostly of IRL mates, has been totally destroyed by this as people started heading off to universities. Now, i don't know how it is overseas but in the UK most universities have a policy against the use of P2P software- mainly so they don't get sued or fined massively. Which, I guess is fair enough. However the problem this causes in the concern to WoW is that the game uses P2P software to run. Initially i just thought it was to download patches, however after asking Blizz about it they responded saying that the game itself uses "bitTorrent type technology to share information..."

It really is a shame that this has affected at least 20 people i know personally, and obviously countless more people who have left for universities in the UK this year, in previous years, and in all the years to come. I have already canceled my subscription as have most of the personal friends I know. Now I'm not trying to threated Blizzard with the "lol I'll cancel my subcription then" tactic, I didn't want to have to do it, and neither did any of my friends but the simple fact is we were not prepared to pay for a game that we cant play.

Please Please help bring this to the attention of Blizzard. It is a shame that it affects so many people who still do want to play this brilliant game.

Anyone who wants to help please /sign this thread

Many thanks

Neila

p.s I've tried disabling every sort of P2P option in everything down loader launcher etc concerned to wow and still whenever i open it I get suspended from the Uni network.

edit: didnt know petitions weren't allowed
#4 - Sept. 21, 2007, 12:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Anyone who wants to help please /sign this thread
Q u o t e:
edit: didnt know petitions weren't allowed

Uhm... just changing a word in the subject line and otherwise posting the same text doesn't change the concept of the post.