Are Warlocks Fair... a new look ?

#0 - Sept. 25, 2007, 9:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We all know it, that class is way to over powered, Blizzard know it, the players know it, and hell even the warlocks know it, Which is why I rolled one just so you know ;)

I would like to sort of look at what I feel is the problem with the class, and compare them to all others.

The fundamental FLAW, and at the same time strength of a warlock is its DOT Damage, They Stack it on you within 2 or 3 seconds, and then walk away without ever having to interact with you again, and they are are almost always assured a kill, unless your a healer. which is a small minority.

Does anyone else think, or feel that its fair, that one class can unload all of its damage onto a player, and then run away leaving that player to run around with his hands in the air just waiting to die ?, I know I don't. and I am sure others don't either.

Warlocks, have a lot to offer the game, they bring very good utility to PVE, and they bring power to PVP, the trouble is that the power they bring to PVP puts them in a far to strong position against other classes. I should say against far to many other classes.

My suggestions..

First of all, in PVP, remove the warlocks DOT's when the warlock dies. this in itself will actually help people because instead of trying to run away to eat through the DOT which with a warlock running behind you just to make sure you die, is almost impossible. people will actually TRY and stand and fight, knowing that if they kill the warlock, their dot will be removed.

The other Problem is their ability to just 100% from start to finish of a PVP Battle, keep you feared, while at the same time keeping you firmly dotted. and dead as it normally plays out.

DOT Damage should break fear, I know warlocks will be screaming out about how that will hurt PVE, but were not talking about PVE here, were talking about PVP, in PVP Fear is a method of crowd control, one that is not supposed to be used to Deal Damage to the player.

Mages for example, which I find very funny, finally got a buff with frost , in that they could Nova a Target, and then crit it with Ice lance about 3 times each for over 1k each. this was then subsequently nerfed for being over powered, and yet, Warlocks have been doing the same thing in a way for ages. Crowd Control the mob, and then just dot and kill it.

It staggers the mind, why Blizzard as a company, can have so many complaints lobbied against one class since the launch of the game, and yet still not have anything planned to fix it, or to address the concerns of the player base.

Just my ramble, and I know it will receive its fair share of blah blah L2P etc. I don't really care however, I got this off my chest. I am now with the growing majority of players Dotting my way to god hood.!.
#20 - Sept. 25, 2007, 10:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please use the suggestions forum to post your ideas for ways to improve or change the game.

Thank you.